It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New laser mapping technology reveals "sprawling" Mayan complex

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: OrdoAdChao

The potential of this technology is very controversial because technically it can be applied to the entire earths surface especially as it get better and increase in capability.

That carries with it the possibility that this world might be far older than claimed and its history may, if it should turn out to be the case, is vastly different from what we are told.

Under such conditions, it therefore means that due to ideological and religious reasons, the public will likely, never see most of its results, should those results deviate from the claimed history as currently taught.

They will only be fed drips and drabs and non controversial amusing findings as in this instance just to amuse the masses and so the controllers of the technology can claim the masses are getting access to it and that they are getting some return for their taxes.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

The potential of this technology is very controversial because technically it can be applied to the entire earths surface especially as it get better and increase in capability.

That carries with it the possibility that this world might be far older than claimed and its history may, if it should turn out to be the case, is vastly different from what we are told.

Under such conditions, it therefore means that due to ideological and religious reasons, the public will likely, never see most of its results, should those results deviate from the claimed history as currently taught.

They will only be fed drips and drabs and non controversial amusing findings as in this instance just to amuse the masses and so the controllers of the technology can claim the masses are getting access to it and that they are getting some return for their taxes.

LMAO

Are you sure you're not wearing your tinfoil hat a bit too tight?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Even though your scenario is corruption personified, I completely agree. Everything in their arsenal will be used to preserve the academics view of history. The modern chronology will be protected as true history, thus legitimizing the clever way in which the books of the past have been bent to suit THEIR purposes.

How great and glorious would it be to know our true past. Knowing that we have always been the creators of our own reality. That even the gods obey the rules of separation between this reality and the next. What would that mean for humanity to find out we have full control over our reality and not some ethereal deity using this world as a simple form of entertainment.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
wow.that read like wow um er heavy man.But I dig it! peace man !x
think i was just niel channeled.carry on .awesome topic but ya gotta get it over the frozen pleeeease !!!!!????????

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Same situation in NZ. Massive expanses of land with irrigation channels found for hectares of cropping......all the Maori grew was sweet potatoes....... And there us no evidence of that technique being used in their original homeland in the pacific islands.
I think south Americans made it here long before them,but we will never know.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Even though your scenario is corruption personified, I completely agree. Everything in their arsenal will be used to preserve the academics view of history. The modern chronology will be protected as true history, thus legitimizing the clever way in which the books of the past have been bent to suit THEIR purposes.

How great and glorious would it be to know our true past. Knowing that we have always been the creators of our own reality. That even the gods obey the rules of separation between this reality and the next. What would that mean for humanity to find out we have full control over our reality and not some ethereal deity using this world as a simple form of entertainment.

What annoys the christ outa me is that after this site and several other sites over the years i learned that its always the same people behind it all. A dutch financial whistle blower whose video was going around here sever months ago said there were 8800 people who run the world. Whether or not this figure is accurate or not is not the issue.

The issue is, is that there is comparatively speaking, a small minute group of people who run the world and they are remolding the world in their own image.

The fact that they have the power to do this and keep it largely hidden from the rest of us is what gets right up my nose.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

No. I dont wear hats.

I am just going by what I've learned about the world I live in and how it works and using that to project into the future and make gueses about how things might be in the future.

When we see a ball rolling along the ground we can use the direction its coming from to make reasoanble estimations about where its likely to go and where its likely to end up. I cant help but think that doing this is nothing more than common sense really but then thats only my opinion.

Surely you would agree that at some point in time this techology will map the entire surface of the planet. Such techology could uncover things that religions, politics, governments, the inlfuential or very powerfull people dont want the masses to know about.

Surely you would agree that such people are not going to just stand back and let it all happen if the knowledge were to threathen their power, wealth or privaliges .... do you?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Remember this thread?

Well, they got their research published in Science just the other day so the story has popped back up again!

Nice write up at Wired.com, Sept. 27, 2018 - LASER-CARRYING AIRPLANES UNCOVER MASSIVE, SPRAWLING MAYA CITIES.

It is their use of all caps, not mine. And I would have put LIDAR in there instead of the mysterious and dangerous "laser" but I do not work for Wired. I do like following:

Using the number of structures, they estimated that on average, the cities contained 210 to 310 people per square mile—a denser population than that of Anchorage, Alaska, which according to the 2010 census, has about 170 people per square mile. This level of population density requires complex infrastructure to manage and distribute water, food, and other resources. “Seeing all this data makes me realize they were an even greater civilization than I thought,” says Estrada-Belli. “They were just as urbanized as the Mesopotamians, Chinese, or Romans.”

(same source)

And that is 169 too many if you ask me! Actually, it is not that bad and sometimes it is nice to have neighbors (except when they get drunk doing laundry and lock themselves out of your apartment when cat sitting with 4 days to go! D'oh! But it is OK for the cat as it has its own entrance. Hey, I got my laundry done! And I know where the keys are!)

I wonder what they will say about us in a couple thousand years? "The dumb bastids drowned in plastic of their own making. But they were just as urbanized as Omicron Persei 8..."

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I do remember it! Haha!

I was curious if the recent story was posted. I wasn't expecting a resurrection.

Still an amazing discovery. There is so much to learn about "primitive" civilizations.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

What annoys the christ outa me is that after this site and several other sites over the years i learned that its always the same people behind it all. A dutch financial whistle blower whose video was going around here sever months ago said there were 8800 people who run the world. Whether or not this figure is accurate or not is not the issue.

The issue is, is that there is comparatively speaking, a small minute group of people who run the world and they are remolding the world in their own image.

The fact that they have the power to do this and keep it largely hidden from the rest of us is what gets right up my nose.

We all know who it is: the Federal Reserve banks.

They can print money, which means they have a basically unlimited amount of it. And once money means nothing to you, what is left? Vanity. Power. More vanity. More power.... etc...

Unify the whole world under one religion, ideology, and leadership. Then basically do what the Communists set out to do, only without the need to pretend the ruling class is required to endure the same poverty as the plebs.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I'm sorry. I didn't want to derail this thread. Just that if you're going to talk about a conspiracy to manipulate human ideology/consciousness, we might as well jump to the most likely place. But it is kind of disheartening, because how would you stop them if it's the federal reserve, right?

Just appeal to the academic side of academia: the side that doesn't really care about money too much. Just like the Catholic Church's stranglehold on academia in the middle ages, the Bilderberger's/Federal Reserve's stranglehold on college institutions' finances can't block a strong enough argument. (Although it can block a weak one.)

So just keep gathering data until we have a strong argument.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join