It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report says NYC Mayor Bill De Blasio Took A Bribe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I saw this on True Pundit.

REPORT: It Sure Looks Like NYC Mayor Bill De Blasio Took A Bribe

I know, a New York politician accepting bribes is totally inconceivable.

According to The New York Times, a campaign donor to New York Mayor Bill de Blasio secretly pleaded guilty in court to offering him a bribe, and “a federal criminal information in the case makes it clear that the donor, Harendra Singh, got something in return.”

That certainly gives credence to theorizing that de Blasio took a bribe. He has not been charged with anything of the sort.

The Times reports that Singh was attempting to obtain favorable lease terms for a restaurant he owned which happened to be on city property. Court documents revealed de Blasio aided Singh in exchange for the contributions; the documents also stated that an unnamed senior aide to Mr. de Blasio set up a meeting in order to urge a city agency to help Singh with the terms of the lease.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

You might need to get another source....TP is a bit dodgy.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 26-1-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
I saw this on True Pundit.

REPORT: It Sure Looks Like NYC Mayor Bill De Blasio Took A Bribe

I know, a New York politician accepting bribes is totally inconceivable.

According to The New York Times, a campaign donor to New York Mayor Bill de Blasio secretly pleaded guilty in court to offering him a bribe, and “a federal criminal information in the case makes it clear that the donor, Harendra Singh, got something in return.”

That certainly gives credence to theorizing that de Blasio took a bribe. He has not been charged with anything of the sort.

The Times reports that Singh was attempting to obtain favorable lease terms for a restaurant he owned which happened to be on city property. Court documents revealed de Blasio aided Singh in exchange for the contributions; the documents also stated that an unnamed senior aide to Mr. de Blasio set up a meeting in order to urge a city agency to help Singh with the terms of the lease.
I wouldn't be surprised. Living and working in ny, there does appear to be corruption. I've seen first hand rampant cronyism and political patronage in hiring for local government here.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

LOL,I'm sure allof NY politions took and have taken them for years,that state is corrupt,look how well they are doing

top topics

join