It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I don't think we need Trump's wall.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
We should go after those companies that hire illegals. For example if you hire an illegal, you should be fined heavy. Maybe even lose your business license for a year. If that was in place no one would hire illegals. If they can't get hired then why would they come here. All this talk of American jobs but in reality no one is saying anything about those that choose to hire them. What do you guys think?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Fines won't do a thing...those companies will raise prices to cover it and still be in a better position to compete against law abiding companies. What is needed is for CEOs and other leadership to flat out get jail time. First offense 12 months and misdomeaner...second 2 years felony...third 5 years another felony and loss of business license privileges for good.

Edit: well actually I don't think taking rights to own a business is very American...so 3rd offense you have to submit to random workplace inspections by ICE and you pay for them...5 years minimum.
edit on 18-1-2018 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Prisoner60863

They'll come even if nobody hire them. Then we'll have those cartels all over.

link   

Other reasons are ladders and tunnels, but yeah that too. If it does go up, Mexico isn't paying for it.

edit on 18-1-2018 by kurthall because: fix

link   

Fines are not enough.

Pay a fine the first time.
Jail time the second.
Federal prison the third.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

All this talk of American jobs but in reality no one is saying anything about those that choose to hire them.

I do...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Fines are not enough.

Pay a fine the first time.
Jail time the second.
Federal prison the third.

The authorities protect the system, the corporations are the system.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Joe Arpaio had the right idea, desert jails.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
BUT, I still like the wall idea.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

One of this issues I know of personally, is they get fake SS#'s, well not fake, just not their own. I worked in restaurants for many years. Twice I saw two Hispanics, who had worked with me for a couple of years, quit, only to come back with a different Name and Social Security # a few months later. I have no idea, how they do it, but they do. I mean their # had to have checked out, for payroll.

edit on 18-1-2018 by kurthall because: add

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Other reasons are ladders and tunnels, but yeah that too. If it does go up, Mexico isn't paying for it.

Unless a wall has armed guards on top or automatic cameras/weapons I can't see how it will change anything. There are even now tunnels that have been built miles of them crossing the border. People crossed the river when it was much larger and difficult, barriers without guards historically what do they do?
Even the Great Wall of China has so many unguarded miles they could be climbed with ropes and climbing gear easily.
examples here.
www.nytimes.com...

Migrants in 2014 scaling a fence — one of a series of three — between Morocco and the Spanish enclave of Melilla. It is one of the few land borders between Europe and Africa. The situation in Melilla highlights the desperation of migrants seeking a way in and the lengths to which Spain goes in trying to keep them out. Credit Santi Palacios/Associated Press

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Fines - check
Jail - check

Federal prison - heck no, they get put in a special private run sweatshop type of prisons. Maybe meat processing, making clothing, something similar to what they were fined for, but they have to do the hard labor.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Fines - check
Jail - check

Federal prison - heck no, they get put in a special private run sweatshop type of prisons. Maybe meat processing, making clothing, something similar to what they were fined for, but they have to do the hard labor.

I actually like the thought of the labor, tho it should be a Federal Work Program. I.E. You are still a Federal Prisoner, how ever you have to work, then go back to your cell at the end of the day.

The wall still needs to be built, it is not racist. You cannot remain a sovereign nation without boarders. There are several great ideas floating around for it, some that super high tech, others not so much.

Personally I think this is a great idea

Grim
edit on 18/1/2018 by Grimmley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The wall will never be built as long as corporate America profits from cheap labor. Deal with it....

It's BS from the Trump WH to keep his faithful on the team. The prototypes are cheezy and can be pushed over by a volkswagen. Smoke and mirrors for the gullible....believe me. Trump is an expert at chumping people out...at least try and make an effort not to be one of them.

www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 18-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Fines won't do a thing...those companies will raise prices to cover it and still be in a better position to compete against law abiding companies. What is needed is for CEOs and other leadership to flat out get jail time. First offense 12 months and misdomeaner...second 2 years felony...third 5 years another felony and loss of business license privileges for good.

Edit: well actually I don't think taking rights to own a business is very American...so 3rd offense you have to submit to random workplace inspections by ICE and you pay for them...5 years minimum.

I concur.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Ask Israel how affective ladders and tunnels are against their wall. This isn’t the Great Wall of China being built 2,000 years ago. The wall won’t just be some static hunk of rock sitting there idle. It will have advanced monitoring systems over and under it.

Netanyahu recently touted his country’s southern barrier and gave a nod to Trump, tweeting on Jan. 28, "President Trump is right. I built a wall along Israel's southern border. It stopped all illegal immigration. Great success. Great idea."

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Try it your way for the next two years, with swift and harsh enforcement of the law, and then use the money from the fines to build the wall so that it's not a perpetual problem.

Yes, harsh laws and punishments deter, but not absolutely. If that were the case, we'd have no murderers, rapists, and pedophiles running around...yet here we are.

Damn, I'm cynical this afternoon...

top topics

join