It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: US and UK Wanted WMD Report "Sexier"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
An Australian microbiologist, Rod Barton, working for the Iraq Survey Group quit in disgust after his work was censored and he was told to make it "sexier". He makes further claims that the reports contained incorrect and dishonest information, essentially twisting information to make it look, well, sexier. The reports left the idea that WMD's might be out there, and "that's just dishonest", he says.

news.scotsman.com
An Australian scientist involved in the US search for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq today said the CIA censored his reporting so that it suggested the weapons existed.

He also accused the head of Britain's Joint Intelligence Committee of wanting to to make the report "sexier."

Rod Barton, a microbiologist who worked for Australian intelligence for more than 20 years, told Australian TV he quit the Iraq Survey Group (ISG) in disgust at the censorship of its interim report presented to the US Congress in March last year.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Barton was asked to return to work in September to write an "honest" report. This report, completed in October says that Saddam had no WMD's nor the capability to make them. Barton was happy with this report. When asked why he went public now he said: "partly 'cause I'm at the end of this process now, and partly because I think the world should know some of the truths which at times I would've liked the world to have known, but I couldn't say anything.'

Sometimes it's hard to believe people that come out way after the fact with allegations like this.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete

Sometimes it's hard to believe people that come out way after the fact with allegations like this.

I think it's easy to believe. Whistleblowers pay - they lose their jobs, often their livelihoods, their mortgages get called and they lose their homes...

Now news is breaking about shenanigans all over the place - not just about the "war" on Iraq, but about Mad Cow, epidemic disease in the USA, ongoing corporate rip-offs, you name it.

There's safety in numbers so finally, the truths are starting to come out.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well I see that the use of deception to miss lead the public for advantage is something we have learn to live with it.

People seems to be quite happy with the way the administration is doing its job.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
And as long as it's an anti- establishment claim, and controversial, it will believed, as absolute proof, rather than an opinion. Best to wait and see which way the media is blowing. If it were a "safety in numbers" claim, he should have been out earlier when other prominent sour-grapes investigators were making their claims...instead of these guys showing up one at a time, spread out evenly over the months, to keep the controversy just sufficiently fanned to keep people talking about it.

We can have hundreds of inspectors and analysts who claim the hardware was there, but it only takes one or two before everyone jumps on the "Bush lied" bandwagon. It's starting to sound a lot like those folks who claimed the Holocaust never happened.

Most likely, it's the media, working for Media's sake, the real threat to freedom and thought in the world. But as long as the papers and websites say it's some other threat, baaaaaa. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Originally posted by soficrow

Originally posted by PistolPete

I think it's easy to believe. Whistleblowers pay - they lose their jobs, often their livelihoods, their mortgages get called and they lose their homes...

Now news is breaking about shenanigans all over the place - not just about the "war" on Iraq, but about Mad Cow, epidemic disease in the USA, ongoing corporate rip-offs, you name it.

There's safety in numbers so finally, the truths are starting to come out.

new topics

top topics

join