It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Guanches of Canary Islands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
First of all, don't know if this is the right place to post it. Moderators feel free to move/delete this post as fit.
Yesterday I talked to a biologist during a conference: a genius, he can't be called otherwise. We were talking about human evolutions, races, etc.
Then he mentioned these mysterious Guanches, the aboriginal inhabitants of the Canary Islands. They were mostly wiped out by the Spanish Conquistadores during the XV century, after putting up an extremely fierce resistance. Some of them lingered on, as slaves or servants, but the original bloodline has been lost forever.
He told me that, after seeing Guanches mummies and skulls in a Tenerife museum, he immediately said: "these are Cro-Magnons, purebred Cro-Magnons". He then went on to describe me minutely how he worked this out by the shape of the eyesockets, the dome of the skull, the cheeckbones, etc.
Contemporary accounts say that the Guanches were fair-skinned, light haired and very tall (much taller than the contemporary Spaniards). Similar physical characters can be seen in the few pure-breed Berbers of North Africa. Their resolution and fighting prowess were well known to the Conquistadores (fierce fighters themselves) and much feared and completely different from that of Aztecs or Incas. They had an incredibly sophisticated and alien civilization, with strange and fierce rituals.
If anyone can provide me with more informations on the topic, I'll be grateful. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hey Kakugo..............

Sounds like an interesting story......

Found a couple of links..........not sure if its what you are looking for......

www.cwis.org...

www.intersurf.com...

www.fuerteventura.com.../Gaunches.htm~mainFrame

Hope these help.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Thanks, mate, useful material!

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well, your genius apparently has a few things wrong: "Cro-Magnon man" is actually just good old Homo Sapiens. They're not considered different enough to be a separate species -- or race.
www.mnh.si.edu...

They appear to be descendants of the Berbers, actually:
www.en.original-people.eu.org...

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
...and I have never heard anything remotely plausible of berbers and alien civilisation.....

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
apparentley there is a giant footprint fossilised in the ground somewhere on a mountain/hill in feurte ventura......anyone know any more about this?

regards.

new topics

top topics

join