It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep Dream Generator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Good Day ATS

For a little while now, I've been toying with a "Deep Dream Generator" during some of my spare time. I really enjoy art in various forms and I usually create my own via various mediums. I saw this one day and decided that even though it sort of takes away from my own creativity, it really does give me a unique tool to play around with to create art so I wanted to give it a try and see what it was all about.

Enter the Deep Dream Generator

The thing that made me curious... I stumbled on an article that advertised: Scientists Have Built a 'Hallucination Machine' For a Drug-Free Brain Trip

Since I'm always interested in weirdness (no I don't do nor do I condone the use of any drugs), I went down that rabbit hole to see if there was anything of interest. The article mentions research done with this tool gave subjects similar visuals as to using psilocybin.

Since then, I've been kind of hooked (irony lol) on this tool simply because of the various artistic details it produces.

According to Wiki

DeepDream is a computer vision program created by Google engineer Alexander Mordvintsev which uses a convolutional neural network to find and enhance patterns in images via algorithmic pareidolia, thus creating a dream-like hallucinogenic appearance in the deliberately over-processed images.

Google's program popularized the term (deep) "dreaming" to refer to the generation of images that produce desired activations in a trained deep network, and the term now refers to a collection of related approaches.

If you would like to see some of My Work, you're welcome to check them out Here. Just a note, not all of the images are ideal but I left them to give me an idea of what doesn't work as well, for future generated images.

Here are a couple of my favorite creations:

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy the Deep Dream Generator as much as I have.

Note: I will say this before someone points out the obvious... Even though many (not all) of these images are based and taken from other images that were not my own (Google Searches for Wallpapers), the end result is "my creation" via the generator. I do not claim them for my own artistic expertise. They are 'tests' if you will. However, many of the images ARE my own and I also have works in my private folder that are 100% my own - but I do not make them public for obvious reasons.

edit on 27-12-2017 by StallionDuck because: added NOTE

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
nice work ! but why not show also the creations based on your own images ? what are the obvious reasons ? you can always put a watermark on it or something. you cant just make people curious stating "obvious reasons" ... why would you tease us and then deny access ? makes no sense and come on !

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Very interesting! I'll have to give it a try?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Thank you for giving me a new addiction. lol

new topics

top topics

join