It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAF Mildenhall, Suffolk on lockdown due to security incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This has just appeared on the BBC website -

www.bbc.co.uk...

Few details available at present other than one suspect has been arrested after driving at at a check point on the base.

DS
edit on 18 12 2017 by D4rk5t4lk3r because: .

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Waiting for a UK and NOT US statement...

Let’s see the difference between the UK MOD statement and the USA.

Might or might not be interesting to read.

Lags
edit on 18-12-2017 by Lagomorphe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Shots fired, one person in custody after vehicle tried to enter the site according to Sky news.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Keep watching and hope that this is a single incident. This could represent a tactical switch away from soft civilian targets.
edit on 18-12-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I work on mildenhall. Saw the whole deal.a reply to: CulturalResilience

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Spill the beans
Is there more to it, or is the event exactly what has been reported?

DS

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Wow busy day! 2 civvys arrived at gate 1300 local pretending to be speci agents. Sp's turned them away but they jumped the gat. Sp's fired 13 shots and missed. Perps proceede onto flightline trying to ram a kc10 then peeps and finally an osprey. Cops were right there and nabbed them. a reply to: D4rk5t4lk3r

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Thanks for the report.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
No worries. Pretty freaky. I was just getting to work when we heard shots fired. Then the car barrelled onto the taxiways. No casualties. We were worried they had a bomb cuz it was a good sized car. No word on perps description other than they got rodney king'd by SP's.
.a reply to: gortex

edit on 18-12-2017 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
No worries. Pretty freaky. I was just getting to work when we heard shots fired. Then the car barrelled onto the taxiways. No casualties. We were worried they had a bomb cuz it was a good sized car. No word on perps description other than they got rodney king'd by SP's.
.a reply to: gortex

Thanks for the info. Is this incident considered to be not terrorism? Can you throw any light onto the motivation behind this attack?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Can I ask what Sp stands for? I'll probably have a 'duh' moment when you tell me the answer but I'm stumped for now.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It means Service Police in my neck of the woods, So I am guessing he means the USAF Police and not the MDP (MOD Police) which is a routinely armed statutory civilian constabulary with the responsibility for protecting M.O.D. Establishments and other critical infrastructure.
a reply to: MissBeck

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Very early days. Wait a couple days for facts. Its all on surveillance. Lots of local cops and a heli on scene. a reply to: CulturalResilience

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Sorry......at work and on phone so bad grammmar as being quick. Security Police. Air force. They typically man gates with MOD cops helping out randomly.a reply to: MissBeck

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Ok cheers mucker. Can you at this point, give any indication as to where the claim that this is not terror related has come from?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Speculation? No idea. Who is saying it? a reply to: CulturalResilience

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Ah, thank you, and CulturalResilience as well. I gathered it was something 'Police'. Hope it was a one off. Stay safe.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
On the BBC report (yeah I know) its says the incident is not being treated as terror related and an individual is being charged with criminal trespass. The reason I am so keen to know is that I have just got rid of everyone for the Christmas shutdown and I don't want them back until well into 2018. Also I don't want to spend the festive season on increased vigilance. We don't get many proffs and a quiet shutdown is something we all look forward to.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
You will know by the base posture. Im sure there was 2 perps tho. Hmmm. Id hate to speculate on something like this to be honest. Like i said.....watch the base security level. Quite insane for a normal civvy to try that on. As for me....i aint sweating it. a reply to: CulturalResilience

top topics

join