It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wolfsheim, Dostoevsky, and a Difficult Theological Question Regarding The Human Condition.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: tribal

I also agree with most of what you say. It’s obvious that you have lived and have a much different perspective than many “believers”. What you say needs to be said and heard. Maybe more gently.... because many people will tune out as soon as they feel criticism (constructive or not, people bristle at being chided).

I won’t respond to the many points you made, as I don’t really have time, at the moment. But I will be back to read it again and ponder it. Thank you!

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Wolfsheim is one of my old favorites that i only starting listening to again, cool synchronicity of a thread.
Just want to say i appreciate you sharing and asking the question, though for now I'll keep it at the song is personal to me, in a different scenario but loss the same, the tragedy where it had a big impact on change of beliefs that I had once sought.

Wolfsheim's following song brings me the same kind of emotion albeit more upbeat.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Hi dreamingawake, and thank you for the comment. Cool synchronicity, you're right! I like paying attention when those happen.

I appreciate you sharing what you could of your connection to the song in OP and am so sorry for your experience. Glad Wolfsheim was able to speak to that pain. This is one of the things I love most about music.

PS: Which song were you trying to link? I think the link was broken, but can help post the song if I know the title.

Thanks again, all the best to you! (If you ever think of seeking those beliefs again, you can always reach out to me)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Thanks to each and every contributer on this thread! This one has been really intense for me- lots to think about contained in all of the answers provided.

I have to say that I do firmly believe (and have seen many instances) that God (in conjunction with all the forces of good) is always working behind the scenes to attract as many to the side of truth and love as possible.

I realized I forgot to account for the Holy Spirit, God residing within. This, too, helps me understand the question of suffering because I want to believe that none of us suffers alone (God is with us). In my own personal case, I can see many instances where, in my worst moments, some random loving person/thing showed up at an especially hard time. I hope it is the same for everyone out there but can only speak for myself.

Yes, tribal has a point about the origin of suffering (the dark forces are outside of God) but God did orchestrate this tragicomedy and He is the one in control (according to my belief system), which is why I framed the OP the way I did I guess.

Thanks again for all of the excellent, thought provoking answers! I also think the advice to perhaps not overthink everything from a couple of astute members was stellar.

to all of you great minds and hearts of ATS

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join