It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Yeager: Gun Channel Bannings on YouTube

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I have heard mixed things about James Yeager. Another side, is the ditch provided the best cover. In an ambush, you might want to run to cover. A vehicle doesn't provide much cover from rifle fire. Maybe he is alive because of that decision? We weren't there, I can't judge the guy without all of the facts. He does seem like an A-hole but he does seem to know his stuff when it comes to his training videos.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SocietyIsGreat

1) once he was in the ditch, he didn't shoot. Not once. The AAR states that he had no line of sight on any hostiles, and was entirely out of the fight after firing half a mag from near the rear of his vehicle.

2) he left a wounded teammate to pull himself out of the vehicle. That teammate had to pull himself out of the vehicle because the third member of their vehicle crew was the one closest to the contact and was actively engaging the hostiles, and was busy trying to gain fire superiority. That teammate was operating a crew served weapon, which is sort of an important weapon to keep in the fight during an ambush. Yeager ran past both of them in his quest to find cover, which meant that the gunner had to switch to a secondary weapon to keep up his base of fire when his primary malfunctioned. Since he was sorta out there with his ass in the wind, he couldn't clear his weapon and get it back in the fight.

3) his vehicle was left in the kill-zone due to operator error. Yeager is the sole reason his vehicle didn't move. It wasn't disabled by hostile fire, it was disabled by his own actions.

So no, he doesn't get a pass on that because "we weren't there."

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Never liked him, has a huge super douche arrogant vibe about him from just the few videos I've seen.

General rule is that people who ARE good, dont have to constantly remind everyone of that fact.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Sounds like you are one of his shills,plenty of gun nuts on youtube,who needs another,give concealed holders a bad name

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It doesn't take much to have your video demonetized. I have videos on YouTube that are nothing more than historical videos of World War 2, and most of them don't allow monetization.

edit on 12-13-2017 by jaymp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well when hickock45 and others go to bat for this guy you kinda start running out of options.

Who cares what hickcock45 or others do on youtube. Do what you think is best for you. No real loss with James Yeager banned from youtube.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
He's not my brand of comedy but I can respect he work he's done to help others a million times more than a bunch of jerkoff arm chair quarterbacks acting like they know anything because of a video they say on the internet of someone taking fire as if they were there, saw what he saw or even had the brass ones to do that job in the first place.

His videos got taken down because a supporter of trump that's a gun enthusiast and hates Hillary, he struck all the wrong notes with you tubes shillary elite and if that doesn't bother you than why are you here.

Meanwhile if I wanted to post a video in a bikini licking my arm pits and using a fire hose to put on makeup I'd be labeled a "hero"
edit on 16-12-2017 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Oh dear.

I watch hickock45, and am disappointed that his ideology got the better of him in this instance. Its also concerning, because as gun channels on YouTube go, his is one of the most popular, meaning he is reaching an awful lot of eardrums with his support for the individual you are talking about.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Right now it's a siege mentality for YouTube gun channels.

It doesn't surprise me. I don't think it reflects badly on Hickock45, but I do think it says something that the YouTube firearms community feels so attacked that they're willing to even defend the least among them.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Tribalism has its place, but that place has borders.

I reckon supporting this Yeager fellow falls well outside the bounds of useful tribalism, and heads into dangerous waters. It may not reflect badly on hickock45 amongst those who know his work and like it, but it paints rather a target on his back in broader media terms. It would be worth going to bat for someone like Ian McCollum of Forgotten Weapons, or even that lunatic from Demolition Ranch, although some of his videos should just be called "being extremely silly with guns".

But this Yeager chap seems like just bad people, and a bad business. Backing him might be understandable from a shallow stand point of backing your team colours no matter who wears them, but most folks from outside that realm of thought are going to look on that unfavourably at best.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Obviously, this whole thing is just my opinion of the Yeager situation. But I view him as a detriment to society in general, not just gun people.

We have to have standards no matter what community we fit ourselves into. There must be some kind of adherence to principle. Borders indeed. To me, those borders are very well defined.

People need to understand that the political concept of "not eating your own" doesn't apply to the real world. Playing those kinds of politics could have your reputation hitched to the misdeeds of some seriously bad people.

Remember Sons of Guns?

That whole story turned into a seriously messed up tragedy and people at Discovery had to answer some questions. People stuck by that pedo creep or a long while. That whole business was mess up and it left Joe Meux in the position of having to pick up Red Jacket Firearms' pieces.

He has Aklys Defense now. But they still haven't managed to shake the reputation of Red Jacket.
edit on 3 1 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Yeager's testosterone-laden and irresponsible macho attitude is what did him in. The whole gun ninja/tactical operator culture that's popularized by Call of Duty and other games (and pandered to by Yeager and his type) scare me as much as a government intent of taking away citizens' rights to keep and bear firearms. There is nothing macho about firearms. They are simply tools designed to do a specific job. That is all.

I find it sad that Hickok45 has takes sides with Yeager. But I think Hickok45 sees anyone pro-gun as an ally in this tough fight with the current climate of political correctness, nanny-state control, and sheeple everywhere. He often speaks about joining the NRA--even though he doesn't agree with all their methods. It's the principle (2nd amendment rights) that is important to him. I can respect that; I understand the need to support pro-gun people and organizations.

As a law-abiding citizen, whether I have guns or not is nobody's business but mine, and I am very selective with whom I align myself. Yeager is not one of them because he does not know how to properly conduct himself. He's a liability to responsible firearms enthusiasts and does more to harm--rather than promote--shooting sports and the rights of the citizenry to keep and bear arms.

Be safe out there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join