It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be my Valentine,Just not in Saudi Arbia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com.../nm/20050213/od_nm/saudi_valentines_dc
I read a lot of post here about how america is taking away so manny freedoms But after reading this artical I fell VERY free .

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Despite the prohibition, demand for the banned roses has been strong and unofficial business was booming, Ahmed said.

"Wait 10 minutes," he told one customer as an assistant slipped into the shadows to collect a bouquet of crimson flowers. At 10 riyals ($2.70) each they were double the usual price. "They would put us in prison for this," he smiled.

See, even though people make rules against such silly things, people will still do it...

You can't suppress the human spirit when it comes to love or freedom.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by TrueLies]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It ain't just in Saudi where roses are double the usual price on Valentines day. I despise then whole Hallmark/Florist/Restaurant CONSPIRACY.

Gotta give the wacky Wahabbis two thumbs up on this one.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
As you know,St Valentine's Day has an Christian origin and because of that it's obvious that some people in Saudi Arabia would be against any Saudi Arabian who are muslims and celebrating this occasion.No need to make a big fuss about it TrueLies.People have their own culture,it's none of your business to police your ideas and culture unto them.

History of St Valentine's Day(Source):
www.historychannel.com...

Have fun!

[edit on 14/2/05 by Heartagram]

top topics

join