It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I Just Thought of Something."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I got this idea reading the Ever felt like starting a thread but just wasn't feeling it thread and thought, "There's no catch all where we could post thoughts we don't think are thread worthy but were poignant or funny. Or just don't have the energy to open a thread(not a problem of mine
) Well here's a spot for all those thoughts.

This one came to me the other day. Why not remake MacBeth from an Irish perspective. McBeth and make it a comedy.

I look forward to these thoughts just floating around.
edit on 16-11-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I had to wait for a bus the other day, it was a good 15 to 20 minute wait and it was pretty cold. There was not much to do as I don't have a smart phone so I just smoked a roll up and kind of looked about a bit.

There was a guy also waiting and he checked the time on his phone more than once a minute like he was worried he might have got the time wrong the last time he looked even though he had just looked a moment ago.

I thought about making a thread about this because although it was boring maybe if anyone that read it would REMEMBER reading it whenever they were waiting for a bus or a doctors apointment or similar.

The thought of doing something just so a few people I will never know will remember reading this post by someone they will never know amused me and it helped pass the time.

Next time your waiting you might remember this, hope it annoys you.

edit on 16/11/2017 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/11/2017 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Exactly the point of this thread. Let's not let those little things get away. You can't remember them forever.

I've seen people do exactly that. It's like if they keep checking their phones the bus will somehow go faster.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Rats, I have the chance to add something....and I got nothing. Just another Alzheimer day I suppose.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
In MacBeth, the tyrant is overthrown with help from an English army. I'm not sure how that might be re-worked from an Irish perspective.

There was a brilliant version of MacBeth, starring John Cleese, in the comedy radio show of the Sixties, "I'm sorry, I'll read that again". I've never yet succeeded in finding it on Youtube.
His response to the promise that he will be Thane of Cawdor is "Thane! Thane! What the hell's a thane?"
Narrator; "It was midnight, and the porter tolled the bell."
Porter; "It's twelve o'clock, bell!"
Best role he's ever done.

edit on 16-11-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If you close your eyes and go to sleep you can travel through time. Only forward though.

I find this better than clock watching

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
In MacBeth, the tyrant is overthrown with help from an English army. I'm not sure how that might be re-worked from an Irish perspective.

There was a brilliant version of MacBeth, starring John Cleese, in the comedy radio show of the Sixties, "I'm sorry, I'll read that again". I've never yet succeeded it finding it on Youtube.
His response to the promise that he will be Thane of Cawdor is "Thane! Thane! What the hell's a thane?"
Narrator; "It was midnight, and the porter tolled the bell."
Porter; "It's twelve o'clock, bell!"
Best role he's ever done.

That one?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
P.S. Comedy version of MacBeth. I found it!

www.youtube.com...

Yes, you just beat me to it. I've started the clip at the right point.
I see that it was only uploaded this year.

For younger listeners; "The blasted Heath - better then the infernal Wilson" is a topical political joke.
The chief witch is given the voice usually assigned to the grotesque aristocratic nymphomaniac, Lady Constance de Coverlet.

edit on 16-11-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Automatic reactions. I just went out front for a smoke and saw a pan handle sticking out the front of the stove. I cringed. We have a 2 yo in the house. Turned the handle over the stove. Was taught that one as a kid. Once a friend put a gun I knew was unloaded to his head. Cringed again. Was also taught as a kid that you don't point a gun at anything you don't intend to shoot. He was making a point about smoking incidentally.
Funny the things ingrained in us as kids.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I've recently discovered something that increased the level on My 'Personal Pet Peeve List' (PPPL)

It originally started years ago when I was still a police officer in Ca. I'd occasionally run across a suspected Suspect in a crime and have to fill out an Arrest Report in which these folks' "horsepower" would be logged e.g. Name; Address; Phone Number and ever so often even a 'work address' (this box would usually include a "n/a" (not applicable)

Anyways some of these guys would add "Sr." after their Surname e.g. John Smith Sr. The one that always sticks out was a 19 year old that I had to chase over 3 fences and then had to wrestle to get the handcuffs on Him. I finally get Him secured and transport Him down to the PD for processing.

Me: Name?
(S) : Tiquan Walker Sr.
Me: What does the 'Sr.' signify?
(S) : That means I'm Tiquan Senior
Me: So You expect Your progeny to get arrested also? Why else would You use a distinction like that?
(S) : What does "progeny" mean?
Me: Your offspring. You must figure that He too will come into the PD and We need to differentiate between the 2 of You?

Me: Work address?
(S) : I'm disabled. The State pays Me.
Me: Disabled? I just chased You over fences and We then wrestled. What is Your 'disability'
(S): I'm an alcoholic.

Ever since, I cannot for the Life of Me let this Pet-Peeve be. I've also noticed that some of the football players have Sr after their surname. WHY?? They did NOTHING except get some female pregnant. How did they "earn" those letters?

Stay Hydrated....

P.S. Thanks for allowing Me to vent.

There is no Dale Earnhart Sr. There is Dale. Dale Jr. and if Dale Jr. has a son and can't think of a name, then Dale III or "Trip" hahahaha

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Excuse me Sir.....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I got this idea reading the Ever felt like starting a thread but just wasn't feeling it thread and thought, "There's no catch all where we could post thoughts we don't think are thread worthy but were poignant or funny. Or just don't have the energy to open a thread(not a problem of mine

This one came to me the other day. Why not remake MacBeth from an Irish perspective. McBeth and make it a comedy.

Good thinking!
Afterwards: perhaps we could re-do it from an aquatic perspective, and call it McFish?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
So, kiddo is testing for his orange belt tomorrow night. All week, we have been practicing with him in the basement on the forms he has to know in order to pass. Getting all the right moves in all the right places with the right arms/legs, etc. He has to know all 14 in the proper sequence. He's only been doing tae kwon do for about 2 months, and he's very ambitious.

I am very, very proud of his determination in setting this goal and being willing to work for it like this. He's only 7, barely 7 at that.

So anyhow tonight, instructor is running through some last minute details of things they will test over ... and the situps get mentioned.

Later on over supper, kiddo is in tears. SITUPS! EGADS! Not the situps. They're so HAAARRRD!

I shouldn't laugh, but considering all the other stuff we've put him through to help him get ready to have a decent chance at doing this ... situps?

Needless to say, both is father and I put on a quick situps clinic with daddy fudging the number he could do a bit so kiddo could overtake him, and now kiddo is all about the situps which aren't nearly as scary.

edit on 16-11-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Good thinking!
Afterwards: perhaps we could re-do it from an aquatic perspective, and call it McFish?

McDonalds might sue.

I didn't just think of this. It was a FB reminder. I posted this there 2 years ago

With all this turning away refugees crap, and it is fearmongering crap, I'm reminded of the huge influx of Lebanese in the 70's. There were some that had reservations but that's expected with new folks.

What have they done for Canada in the last 45 years? Enriched our society with a different culture. A BIGGIE. Food? Oh man. My point is that there is strength and satisfaction with diversity. Why fear it now when it's done SO much in the past?

I still agree with me.

edit on 18-11-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Good thinking!

McDonalds might sue.

I didn't just think of this. It was a FB reminder. I posted this there 2 years ago

With all this turning away refugees crap, and it is fearmongering crap, I'm reminded of the huge influx of Lebanese in the 70's. There were some that had reservations but that's expected with new folks.

What have they done for Canada in the last 45 years? Enriched our society with a different culture. A BIGGIE. Food? Oh man. My point is that there is strength and satisfaction with diversity. Why fear it now when it's done SO much in the past?

I still agree with me.

As well you should agree with you, as you are a very agreeable person!
To bolster your point is the story of the Vietnamese immigrants to Canada, the so-called "boat-people".
Again: food, Taekwon-Do, dentists and proctologists, plus many more contributions.

Basically: USA and Canada are chock full of immigrants, and descendants thereof.

Also wanted to tell you about a broken shoelace event, that occurred a few weeks ago.
A guy broke his shoelace. Everyone was ok.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I was just wondering if there's anything that consumes something that doesn't produce waste. Google up.

I meant this to be used by anyone with something on their mind. It may be something to think about or funny. Like thinking up Goofy...

...on our own. I'd love to hear some ideas. This is an imaginative group.

new topics

top topics

join