It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vault: 8 CIA leak

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Almost two months after releasing details of 23 different secret CIA hacking tool projects under Vault 7 series, Wikileaks today announced a new Vault 8 series that will reveal source codes and information about the backend infrastructure developed by the CIA hackers.

thehackernews.com...

Wikileaks have started releasing Vault; 8 The Source code for Hive shows that CIA uses fake digital certificates for malware authentication, impersonating Kaspersky Labs ls to hide its activities from network monitors on targeted organisations.

Just thought i would share this as it is not up on ATS yet..

:-)

edit on 11-11-2017 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

This... is going to create some waves.

Good find!
edit on 11-11-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

The CIA should be called the Criminal Industry Administration, drug smuggling, hacking, initiating coups, I imagine the list is endless

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

The CIA should be called the Criminal Industry Administration, drug smuggling, hacking, initiating coups, I imagine the list is endless

Or tools of the unelected non Democractic President killing Shadow Government..

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Wikileaks have started releasing Vault; 8 The Source code for Hive shows that CIA uses fake digital certificates for malware authentication, impersonating Kaspersky Labs ls to hide its activities from network monitors on targeted organisations.

So, when the Department of Homeland security announced that it was going to dump all of their software created by Kaspersky Labs on September 14th, was it really because the Russians caught DHS impersonating them? LOL!

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Could have been.. yes

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It would be cool if we had anybody among fellow ATS users who could clarify some ongoing intricate IT issues for us so we could understand more and discuss with comprehension. As for me, I would be very grateful since I don't have a clue.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

I like Cocaine Importing Agency better.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JedemDasSeine
It would be cool if we had anybody among fellow ATS users who could clarify some ongoing intricate IT issues for us so we could understand more and discuss with comprehension. As for me, I would be very grateful since I don't have a clue.

What issues? I'll give it a stab, although I'm not a professional IT person - just into all of it out of personal interest. I do have a pretty nifty homelab setup though.

A few Dell servers (R720, R230, T330) and a bunch of firewall stuff (pfsense, Firebox T30, SonicWALL)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Why do they keep using vaults that leak?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
How did wikileaks get this and what makes them so sure its from the CIA? How do we really know who controls all this? The articles by The hacker News site link to several other articles. I may not have gone through enough of them but I can't ever see where there's proof it came from the CIA. What did I miss?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The more I read, the more interesting it gets. From The Hacker News

Some of the leaked documents even suggest that the CIA was even developing tools to remotely control certain vehicle software, allowing the agency to cause "accidents" which would effectively be "nearly undetectable assassinations."

Keep those old cars. Pre-1986.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
The more I read, the more interesting it gets. From The Hacker News

Some of the leaked documents even suggest that the CIA was even developing tools to remotely control certain vehicle software, allowing the agency to cause "accidents" which would effectively be "nearly undetectable assassinations."

Keep those old cars. Pre-1986.

Was Michael Hastings' Car Hacked? Richard Clarke Says It's Possible
whowhatwhy.org...

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

WL havee stated that this information did not come from a state. It was from an insider.. They spend time verifying their material with computer forensics and other means. WL have yet to publish false information. I am unable to link to WL due to ATS terms and conditions.

I am sure that if you have a look you will be able to find it in its original source..

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

WL havee stated that this information did not come from a state. It was from an insider.. They spend time verifying their material with computer forensics and other means. WL have yet to publish false information. I am unable to link to WL due to ATS terms and conditions.

I am sure that if you have a look you will be able to find it in its original source..

I'm reading through WL now. There's so much information and every time I follow another link, I get sidetrack on yet another interesting topic. But, to be honest, I don't trust WL any more than I do any other source. Just more people with agendas.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I'm reading through WL now. There's so much information and every time I follow another link, I get sidetrack on yet another interesting topic. But, to be honest, I don't trust WL any more than I do any other source. Just more people with agendas.

Trust it or not. WL is the only one of only a handful of journalist sites that publish objective verfied information. You have the ability to make your own mind up based on that.

Remember. The truth has no agenda..

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Why do they keep using vaults that leak?

I dont know.. But I am glad they do..

Happy day to you..

edit on 11-11-2017 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

WikiLeaks says it has published the source code for the CIA hacking tool ‘Hive,’ which indicates that the agency-operated malware could mask itself under fake certificates and impersonate public companies, namely Russian cybersecurity firm Kaspersky Lab.

The CIA multi-platform hacking suite ‘Hive’ was able to impersonate existing entities to conceal suspicious traffic from the user being spied on, the source code of the malicious program indicates, WikiLeaks said on Thursday.

The extraction of information would therefore be misattributed to an impersonated company, and at least three examples in the code show that Hive is able to impersonate Russian cybersecurity company Kaspersky Lab, WikiLeaks stated.

full article

Soo.. if the CIA can impersonate foreign companies, one can wonder if this trick was used to provide "proof of Russian meddling" ?
In theory they could impersonate anyone, make a cyberattack on themselves.. go cry to CIANews (CNN), about how evil those pesky hackers are.

Sounds like the pathetic CIA

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
If it's out there via wikileaks and the source is an "insider" then it is logical to conclude that the agency wants it out for reasons that are unclear and concealed.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
If it's out there via wikileaks and the source is an "insider" then it is logical to conclude that the agency wants it out for reasons that are unclear and concealed.

That's what I'm say'n!!!

top topics

join