It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To React To Getting Robbed At Gunpoint

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Then how does that apply to a OP about being robbed at gunpoint lol,!?!

Fair enough. I retract my statement..

I just could not imagine a scenerio where that happened and the robber had a gun...

If he wasn’t armed them imho you should not have shot. But if you had a gun pointed at you and decided to pull. You better be shooting..

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

High Joshua..You dont have to "retract" your statement. Youre entitled to it. My point only relates to being a victim...or being fortunate enough to either get out of it, run away...or just give it up. And that last one is what L.E. recommends. Just give them what they want (unless its rape in which case, claw, scream, scratch, punch, shoot)...anything to stop and negate the attack. Stuff is just stuff.

I know the terror and helplessness a victim can feel. A couple things are important to remember: If there is a knife or gun right in your face? Give them your stuff. My wife's incident was f'd up too. They pulled "something that LOOKED like guns" but couldve been anything: remote tv control, cell phone...whatever It was dark.

Having this happen to the OP or any of us friends...and I think of all of us ATS members as friends...is terrifying...and your whole life passesby you in an instant...let alone flashbacks which can last a lifetime.

One bit of advice I can give is from our training. In emergency response, 1st responding, search and resc., and Life Support...we all since thing we wish we could forget. Injuries, death, children. TALK to someone when you get home or a chance to. Don't keep being robbed like in the O.P.'s instance consume you. And it will if you dont get it out to a friend, family member or counselor.

When in trouble? DONT YELL "HELP"! Yell "FIRE!" People tend to respond faster looking outside when someone yells theres a fire. Be proactive, learn how to defend...and when not to. No matter what...

Thanks for the replies

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

I was robbed twice working at a 7-11 market and going to college,both times at gunpoint,not much you can do but be patronizing to him to avoid being shot,I wasn't really scared,just pissed I couldn't punish them

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join