It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions on possible Draft!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The past 2 months have been pretty crazy when it comes to political evils. In the past 2 weeks a lot of my sisters buddies have been called back into to work even though they serverd their 8 years. She said she was told by a high ranking officer (Dunno the ranking) that the draft is around the corner. This being said what do yall think the likleyhood of this happening is? Depending on the cause id prodoly go. But if I were drafted for something as stupid as or similar to iraq they wont take me alive.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This horse is beyond dead, lets just burry him. It wouldnt be political suicide for the draft to happen now, but on the same token I don't think Bush would want to flush his recently increased approval rating for something like this. Of course if he wants to pick more fights maybe it could happen to ensure the machine has meat. Only one way to be sure though...sit back and watch.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I am not American so my opinion may not be relevant.
You are not living free if you live In a country with a draft.
If there is a draft I recommend people take up their right to bare arms and defend their freedom.
Freedom is one of the only things worth fighting and dying for.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Yeah for a while i thought it was unlikely to have a draft(because of public outcry against it), but GW is sure asking for alot of Money to put into the military ,that really worries me.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
What really scares me is how bushes has totally fliped around from invading countries without permission to only talking with other nations. I dunno iit doesnt seem in his nature. There have been a couple signals that a draft may be coming and as one poster said sit back and watch. Even though its quite hard for me to do that I have no choice.

In response to the post he said the right to bare arms.... In 7 months ill be old enough to purchase my first handgun (Getting a Smith and Wesson 1911 and a Springfield Armory XD-40) lol on top of that my dad still owes me a Socom 16. Like I said though it all matters on what the cause is for

new topics

top topics

join