It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to deal with noisy neighbors...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com...
edit on 27-10-2017 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

When your neighbors play techno music at 1am, the obvious response is get a ship's air horn and blast it through their letter box at 7am
edit on 27-10-2017 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell
Real loud Polka music usually gets the point across

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The sound of my Harley in the driveway at 4am. Loud N Proud. Works every time.
edit on 27-10-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

There's always prank muffler whistles.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Guess what I did? I've done it twice at 2 different houses. I took a wire clipper, and clipped off the security band on their power meter. Then with gloves on, I removed their meter and pitched it into the bushes, and ran back in the house.
That's a 2am party killer. No power, no party, game over.

PS- don't get caught!

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

What about a dog that barks constantly?

a bullet?

suppose i shouldn't get caught...

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

There are some "how to make micro-wave transmitters" on YouTube.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

I love dogs and please no bullets, it's the owners fault not the dogs. I've had my share of non stop dog barking neighbors, and man it's annoying. Once it was my neighbor's dog right outside my bedroom window. My payback, I waited until 2 or 3 am and got a dog whistle going like nobody's business. You could see all the lights turn on in the house. It was hilarious!

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Many years ago I had a neighbor in Connecticut, who would leave his Doberman's out from 530 am until 8 ish when he left for work..they would bark non-stop at the kids waiting for the bus.. every day for two years straight..

I had asked him several times to please put them in for the time the kids are waiting for the bus. Always just scoffed at me or not even reply..

Now mind you this house has a lowriser wooden deck off there back door. It's about a foot off the ground..I know what a pain in the ass it is to get under there because we have kicked soccer balls under there..

So I made a trip to the hardware store and bought an air horn and a roll of duct tape.....

3 am dressed in black sweatpants and a black hoody mission impossible style, I crept up to about 10 feet from the deck and duct taped the air horn on and tossed it under the deck and ran like hell..

I sat crouched in our back mud room and laughed till it hurt while I watched him come flying out the back door of his house in his nut huggers realize he couldn't see.. had to.get a flash light..omg I am cracking up just remembering it..

Best nonviolent payback I ever got..

And yes his dogs were at it again the same morning..had to put up with it for another few years before he sold his place..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

That's a good one too.

I just know the memory of that jack hole elbow crawling military style in his tightly whiteys with a flash light under his porch has never stopped making me smile.

If it's true that when you die you see snapshots of your life like a highlight reel , that one's gonna make the cut..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Got a 6-string bass (down to 30hz), got a 15" 200 watt speaker and a 4x10" - bass solo time.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Careful. If he is a producer, you might hear his new song featuring your airhorn as the new musical instrument. The best way to handle this is to buy him a pair of expensive headphones and knock on his door.

Tell him to use them or I am buying a shotgun next and murdering you. I'm sure he will finally get the picture.

If it is a drum and bass listener, just invite him to go running at 7 am.

edit on 10282017 by GiulXainx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
A simple call to the cops works. If said call to the cops for party noise fails (i.e. they don't show up), then call the cops and say there's been a loud party but now it sounds like a female is in distress there. If it still doesn't work, and the noise continues after cops have been called a few times, then start waking up at 6AM on Saturday and Sunday mornings and mow your lawn, run your snow blower, tinker on the engines, hell, put up a basketball hoop and invite some friends for a raucous game. People who are woken up after less than an hour or two worth of sleep tend to get the message fairly quick. If that doesn't get the idea across, then pay them a personal visit at 6 AM, just to make sure they're 'OK.' Last resort involves a handful of illegal things that I won't go into here, but any and all of which are quite effective.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I have a rule that applies in all circumstances.

If you can't do your "thing" without disturbing other people, then you don't own enough land for your "thing".

You should find a place that can accommodate the noise that you need to make.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I live in a tenement. My neighbor's door is right by the stairwell, thus the bannister and railing are right there. I ripped the cover off of a book of matches and taped it to her peep hole. Then I tied a cable from her door knob to the railing. Nice and tight.
Then I went down stairs to the intercom and crazy glued the button to ringer mode. And I took my time trollying up to my apartment. But before I went into my home... I lingered in front of her door. First, she tried to use the peep hole. I laughed. Then she thought she could open the door. I laughed. When it wouldn't open, she thought she could bust it open. I laughed some more. But I laughed the hardest listening to that damn intercom ring. It went on for 15 minutes. She had to call 911 to be rescued. Those intercom ringers are the loudest... You don't want fifteen minutes of that. It drove her insane. After that... She stop telling her houseguests to ring my buzzer for their entry. Problem solved.
edit on 29-10-2017 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

top topics

join