It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Author Claims to Solve Notorious 'Black Dahlia' Murder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Author Claims to Solve Notorious 'Black Dahlia' Murder

It wasn't a doctor who tortured, killed, and carved a clown-like smile in the face of the Black Dahlia, but an accused pimp who escaped punishment as part of a police cover-up, according to a new book.

Short had a falling out with Danish businessman and nightclub owner Mark Hansen, who then used his mob connections to ask accused pimp Leslie Dillon to get rid of her, reports the Sun.

I've always wondered about this case - the horrific death of this poor woman. Now maybe there's an answer?

After three years of scouring official documents and grand jury files, British author Piu Eatwell puts forth a new theory that aspiring actress Elizabeth Short was killed in 1947 by a man with links to organized crime who threatened to expose other Los Angeles murders if police arrested him, reports Opposing Views.

Sounds more than plausible.

Hansen, one of several suspects in Short's murder, may not have realized that Dillon was a sadistic psychopath who would use his experience as a mortician's assistant to torture and kill Short before cutting her body in two and draining it of blood, Eatwell writes.

She believes the murder took place at the Aster Motel, whose owner hid a blood-stained room and a bundle of bloodied clothes found on the same day as Short's body for fear he'd become a suspect.

Eatwell says police later questioned Dillon, who knew details of the murder even police did not, per People. But he was never arrested because he threatened to embarrass police by exposing the extent of organized crime in LA, says Eatwell, adding she's "confident" she's solved the case.

Sounds like a much better explanation than other's I've heard, like this one:

Ex-Cop: Why I Think My Dad Killed the 'Black Dahlia'

Retired police detective Steve Hodel believes he's not only solved what the Guardian calls "one of the most brutal murders in American history," he's also come up with a motive. Hodel—who has long claimed his physician father killed 22-year-old Elizabeth Short, also known as the "Black Dahlia," along with several others—says George Hodel may have been trying to imitate the surrealist work of famous artist Man Ray, who was a family friend.

Nope. I'm going with Eatwell's theory.

Anything where the cops cover something up as not to be humiliated rings a bell with me.

peace

edit on 2524Thursday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Interesting, I have always been fascinated by this case..I will check out the link.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

this new suspect knew things about the murder that no one could guess in a million years...so he surely must be the real killer......the guy who thought his dr dad was the killer found a picture of a dark hair lady in his fathers belongings that nobody knew...he thought she was the the black dalhia and off he went with the story

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100

this new suspect knew things about the murder that no one could guess in a million years...so he surely must be the real killer......the guy who thought his dr dad was the killer found a picture of a dark hair lady in his fathers belongings that nobody knew...he thought she was the the black dalhia and off he went with the story

Yeah, I meant to point that out - this guy did have info no one could have guessed - as you said - 'in a million years'.

Good catch!

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I would go with Hodel's theory. The PA for Los Angeles reviewed all the new info he provided and said he could have taken that info into court and gotten a conviction from it. I remeber seeing a documentary some time back on Hodels version and the PA's office did consider him a suspect at the time but could never obtain enough info for an arrest and prosecution.

A Startling Take on Black Dahlia Case April 11, 2003|Steve Lopez

And should you think "Black Dahlia Avenger" is too improbable to be anything but a son's poison-tipped arrow, aimed at the heart of a father who abandoned his family, consider this endorsement from the prosecutor who put the Manson family behind bars:

"He got his man," says Steve Kaye, who still works for the L.A. County district attorney's office.

Kaye, who teamed with Hodel years ago on other homicide cases, said if George Hodel were still alive, he would file two counts of murder against him. One for the Black Dahlia case and one for the Red Lipstick Murder.

click link for full article.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

this new suspect is the one who killed her......sorry this is crude but the new suspect knew that her tattoo was cut off her thigh and shoved into her vagina......no one could guess that in a million years......Hodels dad was a bad man and could be guilty of other murders....but only the real murderer could have known what was done with the tattoo

new topics

top topics

join