It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the " Assaults on Emergency Workers (Offences) Bill " [ UK ] recieves government support

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
obligitoruy summary - the bill is an attempt by a labour back bencher to increase sentencing requirements for cockwombles who assault on duty emergency services personell

links :

BBC reportage

linkage to the legislation summary and documentation

i feel conflicted by this - on the SURFACE the bill is a good thing - it automatically doubles the sentence of anyone convicted of assaulting an " emergency worker " who is on duty

but sadly - my cynical and jaded view is that the reality will be : apart from more cockwombles spending longer in prison - whats the point ???

now if the sentence was " public flogging - 50 lashes " - then hell yes

but if i ran the country - to paraphrase george orwell :

emergency services personel will sleep well at night because rough men stand ready to give a good kicking to any oxygen theif that threatens them

edit on 21-10-2017 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

edit on 21-10-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: dont do it

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I agree with the proposal but raising sentencing from 3 months to 6 months (given good behavior) doesn't seem much of a hike , I doubt it would be much of a deterrent for the unthinking "cockwombles" who would do such a thing.

I prefer your solution of public flogging , more immediate and revenue raised from ticket sales could be donated to emergency worker charities.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Said cockwombles are usually drunk, high on drugs, have mental illnesses, and otherwise completely brainsplattered by the current event that they won't give this legislation any attention.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Just stop the dole. All this reckless assult and mindless attacks will go away.

And Aswell as racism.

edit on 21-10-2017 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
My local GP used to have a good system.

If he was called out at night to deal with drunken abusive incidents, he refused to treat them under the NHS, so they'd get a nice big bill in the morning.

I feel hospitals should do the same. If somebody assaults a hospital worker, they don't get to be treated on the NHS.

Now that would be an incentive to behave themselves.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
Just stop the dole. All this reckless assult and mindless attacks will go away.

And Aswell as racism.

This

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Those who want to get into prison will see a longer sentence as a bonus.

It may act as a deterrent in some cases.

www.mancunianmatters.co.uk...

At the attack in Leigh, firefighters initially arrived at Westbourne Avenue at 9:49pm to discover that there was no emergency.

They were then confronted by a gang of youths and found that the road out of the area ‘had been blocked by the group, with wheelie bins blocking their exit’.

The problem I see with your solution is running after them in kicking boots. Running away is part of the game. Pincer movement maybe.

new topics

top topics

join