It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newborn baby survives being thrown from car!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
A baby boy believed to be less that an hour old was thrown from a moving car Thursday in Florida.

NORTH LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Broward County’s sheriff said Friday he hopes that the people who threw a newborn boy out of a moving car are feeling remorse and will come forward.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Investigators are trying to identify the couple who threw the boy, believed to be less than an hour old, out of the vehicle alongside a busy street Thursday afternoon.

Dosen't Florida have the safe baby act where you can leave a newborn at a hospital or church with no questions asked? How any one can do this is beyond my comprehension. I hope the catch the woman, and prosicute her as much as they can. Can you imagine this baby going through life knowing what his mother tried to do to him? I hope they never tell him!

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This is just sickening. Hope they find and two "people" and lock them up and throw away the key. Heard on CNN it was an older white, police type car. The male has about a 3" afro and the female was white.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Poor little guy! He was so lucky to survive!

I sincerely hope they do NOT give him back to those parents when they find him!

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This makes me so mad. Florida has a "No Questions Asked" where mothers/parents can leave their infants at any fire station or hospital with no questions asked. Why did they have throw the child out of the car?

I'm pretty sure that this is a teenage couple, and the girl has probably been hiding her pregnancy all along.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This just in, the woman who "witnessed" the baby being thrown out is actually the mother. Made the whole thing up.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
yeah i read that also...they should still throw this lady from a car for giving people a headache as to why someone would throw a baby out a window.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
now that just bewilders me, why did she make up all this stuff? If she didn't want the kid she could have left him at a hospital, police station, etc no questions asked. what da hell was she thinking? I wonder if they are going to charge her for fraudulent claims? I bet many were looking for the teenage couple in the white car, that she described.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie
This just in, the woman who "witnessed" the baby being thrown out is actually the mother. Made the whole thing up.

Here is one source confirming this.

A woman who claimed to have witnessed a newborn being thrown from a moving car was the baby's mother and concocted the story as a way to abandon the child and conceal her pregnancy from her family, officials said Friday.

"It's not as horrible as we first thought," Sheriff Ken Jenne said. "The baby was never thrown out of a moving car. This is the case of a disturbed woman who gave birth and did not want to keep her child."

No charges were brought against the woman, 38-year-old Patricia Pokriots. She was committed for psychiatric evaluation under a law that allows for people who are a threat to themselves or others to be held for 72 hours.

Source

new topics

top topics

join