It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the craft of Alchemy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
ok now to what im here for

i was at my local library store and a book caught my eye, it was about Alchemy...now i have heard stories about it from tv shows and such but the detailes are still a bit sketchy

i pretty want to know 2 things

what exactly is Alchemy

and

are there any recorded documents of Alchemy being proven to exist

i THINK Alchemy is a craft in which it enables you to create objectso ut of base metals...

thank you in advance

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Origonaly alchemy was the turning a metal, especialy copper into gold.
Later on it became the process of turning one thing into another thing, but it was said that you could not create something out of nothing, which 99% of the time is true, as for documented proof, I've never read any, nor have I ever read about any documented proof.

NOTE: I believe alchemy exists, and it is a science not magic.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Well more like a Pseudo Science (the "Craft"). Alchemy is a Medieval
Pre-cursor to Modern Chemistry. They were not only interested in Literally turning "Lead to Gold" (hey who wouldn't be). Turning "Dross to Gold" is also seen as a Metaphor for Spiritually turning our Mind & Body & Soul to "Gold" (i.e. "Enlightenment" or "Master of the Temple"). Interestingly it was the Arabic Moslem Mystics who were the more Learned Practitioners of the Craft way back then @ that time. Supposedly they Inherited some Sacred & Secret Knowledge from the Ancient World (i.e. Khemetic/Egyptian & Sumerian Wisdom/Knowledge). As a matter of fact lets break down the word -> Al (= "Allah") - KHEM - y! Does this help?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Apart from the transmuting of base materials into gold, it was also a quest for the "philosopher's stone", which was said to impart long life into people. Further reading on that aspect and how that relates to gold can be found in the work of people like Gardner, or perhaps a google search for ORMEs and mono-atomic gold.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I'd recommend a book about the Occult Chemistry, ok title is a bit on the dodgy side, and I am recommending it thru only having seen some pages from it - point being, it shows electron orbital shells in terms of how they are shaped, and it correctly relates these main shapes to what are termed the Platonic and Archimedian solids (and other shapes too).

If you look at the periodic table, what is happening when Pb (lead) is being turned into Au (gold) is that lead has outer electrons that can be stripped off, leaving gold. It is this process that people want to be able to do, so they can turn plentiful metals and non-metals, into gold.

Online periodic table, with electron shells ( not alchemical arrangements, I do not know how much the 'occult' arrangements agree with the e- arrangements for electron clouds - this may be relevant in terms of quantum uncertainty, as I think that means they still do not have a method of determining how electrons are distributed and how they orbit the nucleus, if so then the 'occult' shapes will likely be found to be accurate.
Uncertainty states that you can only guess the general location of where an electron will be.

That stood out for me when I viewed the table linked there, as it has gold with one outer e- - that sounds a bit off, since gold never tarnishes. Unless that one outer e- has some method of moving that 'mops' up all possible other e- that could bond with it, such as if gold was able to rust, then it would need to be able to oxidise, and so forth. )

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
it's just as facinating, less frustrating and involves no magik. Not only that, if you get a degree or two, you can make it a very solid career.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
In a lot of ways, alchemy was pretty much the forerunner to modern chemistry. A lot of alchemical practices are now standard procedures in modern chemistry.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
well for the most part thanks for all of the information and ill look morei nto Alchemy and any more information you all can givem e will be much obliged

EDIT: and saint i am learning True Science but the history of Alchemy has caught my attention for awhile since a old science teacher in high school used to talk about it when i used to hang out with him during lunch

[edit on 11-2-2005 by cymptt]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cymptt
EDIT: and saint i am learning True Science but the history of Alchemy has caught my attention for awhile since a old science teacher in high school used to talk about it when i used to hang out with him during lunch

[edit on 11-2-2005 by cymptt]

Cool
, glad to hear you're into the real thing. My fav./concentration was genetics. Fascinatating to the tilt!

[edit on 11-2-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Alchemy originates from ancient India. The word itself is arabic. An anaology is given in the sanskrit text Srimad Bhagvatam where the the transformation of a low caste human into a brahman is compared to the transformation of bells metal to gold through an alchemical process. What is most interesting is that bells metal, is an alloy of two base metals: copper and tin, and their atomic numbers when combined, do indeed produce gold.

Mercury had a very important role in Indian alchemy and was called the king of metals. It was used for creating elixirs. I wonder myself what the role of mercury was, is it because it is the only liquid metal? There is a medieval Indian text from the 13th century discussing Indian alchemists of the past. I talked about it recently in my ancient India topic.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Okay, there's some truth being spoken here; yet the main factor which true Al-Khem-y consists of, has not been mentioned.

The Profane don't understand that It is mainly SEXUAL.

This can be seen in European Alchemical Art.

The Medieval Alchemists disguised the Sexual-Tantric teachings that they received from the East, as Vulgar chemistry; probably so they would not be persecuted by The Church.

Anyhow; through the Sex Act(with the renunciation of animal desire) one can turn the Lunar Bodies of Lead(which are controlled by Satan, the Ego) into Solar Bodies of Gold(which are controlled by God, Christ, Universal Consciousness).

Which bodies?

The Astral, Mental and Causal Bodies.

The Fire of the Holy Spirit(Sexual Energy of Creation) is needed in order to completely disintigrate the defects and egos that we have within, such as hate, greed, jealousy, lust, fear, etc.; after they've been comprehended through Meditation.

The wife of The Holy Spirit is our own Inner Divine Mother symbolized by Goddesses such as Auset(and Miriam, Diana, Shakti, Tonantzin, etc.).

She is the Mother of Christ(Heru) that needs to be born within us.

Notice that many of the art works feature Man and Woman, Sun and Moon; and of course The Kundalini Serpent.

www.levity.com...

www.levity.com...

Here's a nice explanation of what Alchemy is:

Alchemy and Tantra

And an audio lecture:

Introduction to Gnostic Alchemy

Remember this; if one decides to follow this Path of the Razors Edge, without forsaking things such as Lust, homosexuality, masturbation, fornication, etc.; you will transform yourself into a very terrible demon and be made to suffer very much pain.

It is not easy.

BTW, Indigo Child; Mercury is also symbolic of the sexual fluid that needs to be transmuted into Solar-Christic Energy.

Remember that it is Tehuti(Mercury) who holds the Caduceus.

PEACE

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Those aren't real sciences at all, if they were then they wouldn't feel threatened by truths in a thread that ain't for those kinds of losers anyway.

I started a science degree and had the sense to bail out, it's rubbish. I know plenty of people with a degree or two, it gets you

nowhere. Nowhere at all, none of them have anything worth having materially, and certainly not in terms of knowledge.

Most people that get degrees never use what rubbish they have learned in their studies. Degrees are good for one thing only - preserving the places that taught the degree, by going to work for them doing pointless research, I've read those PhD paper titles, they aren't even thinking about anything at all of any importance. It's a crying shame and a disgrace.

You do realise that the SOLE reason to do a degree in this fake-ass version of what a world should be like, is so you can earn lots of hard cash using the degree? So, that a degree doesn't anywhere near guarantee such a job, kinda leaves it a bit on the 'entirely not worth bothering with at all' side of things.

Oh, and I went to a real University, not one of those colleges that got turned into a Uni. when they started all that caveing-in of education some years ago in the UK.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Not to disagree 'per se' or however that's spelt,

but, don't you think that when it comes to sex that it's actually just about love, and that you either want to have sex or you don't with the right person, and that - if you actually manage to find who you were meant to be with all along anyway, that the last thing either (or more, depends on your soul) of you would ever need to do is be that unspontenous with sex? As in, assign those kinds of things to it.

That just all seems to me like it is trying to mimic what love seems to be made of, consider if you met someone and instead of just being real and getting on, they were always trying to move you into some specific position or get you to say a certain thing at some mechanically-plotted time during the shag - then you have missed the whole point of how creation works.......God or whatever just doesn't do it like that.

You can't examine love, just like that terrible show on TV the other day - you can't study an orgasm in a lab, unless it's with people that are turned on honestly by being examined in labs..........

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Originally posted by Duff Beer Dragon

If you look at the periodic table, what is happening when Pb (lead) is being turned into Au (gold) is that lead has outer electrons that can be stripped off, leaving gold. It is this process that people want to be able to do, so they can turn plentiful metals and non-metals, into gold.

This is all wrong we do have the knowledge and technology to carry out this process easily. The method you described above would not make Gold. If it were this easy then Gold wouldn't be so precious and expensive would it? Let me explain.

With your theory by continually ionising Lead/Pb we will first create the element Thallium then Mercury and then Gold with each successive ionisation. Unfortunatley with each successive ionisation we would actually make Pb+ then Pb2+ then Pb3+

Pb3+ is not Gold.

Pb3+ has 79 electrons, 82 protons and 125 neutrons.

Gold has 79 electrons, 79 protons and 118 neutrons.

Sounds like you bailing out of science was a good choice after all.

And its true that a lot of people dont even use what they learned in their degree in their jobs but the bottom line is that degrees impress employers and that makes you far more likely to get a job with them.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
well cool...thanks for the information most of you

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Alchemy is a Complex issue.

The Philosophers stone is your soul. The search to have an audience with your creator is the Goal, and the immortality of the soul is one of the tenants of this Science.

Chemistry is one of the main building blocks of the Universe, with Mathematics another. Symbology, myths, analogies and assigning terms like the Philosophers stone to your soul was an avenue to work in secret due to the fanatics out to burn people at the stake for heretic beliefs. Those beautifull artworks in previous posts are science and religion and philosophy in graphics. They are teaching and memory tools that look like art. Another avenue to hide their work and keep from being persecuted.

Alchemy spun off Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Philosophy, Religions, many different sciences over the last few thousand years. its a fascinating study in how our sciences evolved out of Alchemical Teachings

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Alchemy is a Complex issue.

The Philosophers stone is your soul. The search to have an audience with your creator is the Goal, and the immortality of the soul is one of the tenants of this Science.

Chemistry is one of the main building blocks of the Universe, with Mathematics another. Symbology, myths, analogies and assigning terms like the Philosophers stone to your soul was an avenue to work in secret due to the fanatics out to burn people at the stake for heretic beliefs. Those beautifull artworks in previous posts are science and religion and philosophy in graphics. They are teaching and memory tools that look like art. Another avenue to hide their work and keep from being persecuted.

Alchemy spun off Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Philosophy, Religions, many different sciences over the last few thousand years. its a fascinating study in how our sciences evolved out of Alchemical Teachings

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
PEACE

Philosophical Stone

An Alchemical symbol of the Intimate Christ dressed with bodies of Gold. When acquired, this stone gives powers over nature. It is lost when thrown in water (through fornication). When the stone is dissolved in (sexual) water, then the metallic Spirit is melted, and interior Magnes escapes. It is said when this happens, one dissolves the stone in water on Saturday (Saturn = death). The Philosophical Stone is passes through phases of development: black, red & white. It is also the Cubic stone of Yesod (Parsifal Unveiled), the stone that Jacob anointed with oil and "a Stone of stumbling, a rock of offense."

Nicolas Valois: “It is a Stone of great virtue, and is called a Stone and is not a stone.”

Green Lion

An alchemical symbol of the Intimate (Chesed, Atman). Our Internal Angel. Synonymous with the Tincture of Gold and the Divine Crocodile Sebek.

The Seven Planets of Alchemy

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Ok from what ive read this is what i understand!
Alchemy means transmutation and since alchemy is a 'occult' science and often refered to in a magickal sense, i can tell you that magickal alchemy is the art of changing mental states so thereby affecting higher planes so by transmuting a mental state by force of will you can effect the higher planes as well which will sometimes cause changes in the physical realm! hope this helps!

-Aldur

new topics

top topics

join