It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a Michael Pare week.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Hard time deciding whether to put this in Movies or Music. Either work. This week I watched Eddie and the Cruisers 1 & 2. Michael being the lead:

Some 50's tunes but the original music by John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown(get those two words properly
) Band is awesome.

#1:

#2. Iffy movie but great tunes:

Tonight football but I just got Streets of Fire from ebay. I'll watch that tomorrow night. "A campy romp with compelling music."

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Ah yes, Eddie and the Cruisers. Great rock and roll film. A tale of one of those bands that almost made it big time'

Another in that way was The Commitments''. A couple of young people in Ireland try to put together an R+B and soul band. They almost make it but infighting, well, that's all I'll say. Another with some very good music in it.

edit on 31America/ChicagoThu, 12 Oct 2017 16:44:16 -0500Thu, 12 Oct 2017 16:44:16 -050017102017-10-12T16:44:16-05:00400000044 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Reminded me; I have to get a copy of the second movie! Awesome stuff, always like Pare!!

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I actually have the soundtracks to both Eddie & the Cruisers and Streets of Fire. On vinyl. I also seem to remember leaving school a few periods early to go see Streets of Fire with some friends. The eighties were pretty awesome.

Make it a trifecta and watch the Philadelphia Experiment as well.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiggersTheMan

Make it a trifecta and watch the Philadelphia Experiment as well.

Ooooo, forgot about that one. Good movie. Off to ebay.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Michael Pare was at a convention here in town about a month ago and my daughter and wife went. By their account, he's an extremely nice and friendly guy. Didn't have 'the attitude' that you frequently get from celebs that are known but not A list. That was good to hear, because I've always liked his work. Especially Streets of Fire (Diane Lane doesn't hurt, and it was the first time I saw Willem Dafoe).

He was in a couple of series I liked. Greatest American Hero where he was one of the hood students, and Houston Knights with Michael Beck from The Warriors. He was a Chicago cop exiled to Houston for his own protection after shooting a mob guy.

Don't ask me how I remember stuff like that.

top topics

join