It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kubrick's The Shining: Decoded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The key to understand the Shining is literally understanding the key to room 237. A couple of years ago, I asked myself a question, could everybody be reading too much in the number of the room? Maybe, maybe not. Then I asked myself the question, if there is a code, then is the number the thing. It has to be 237, and not some random average of an ever changing distance to the moon. I've heard all the theories about it being the moon room. And I don't think 237 is related to distance. The key in the lock on room 237 says ROOM No 237. So, I took everything quite literally, and looked for a room 237.

To me, all this 237 stuff is old news. However, due to stress, I've been tricycling around the hallways of the Overlook again for a distraction. It must be nearing Halloween. And, will it be Friday the 13th soon as well? It sure will be. So, let me creep you out a bit.

If you've read my writings all the way through, you may remember my crazy theory about how The Shining is telling us to watch Torn Curtain to use as a key in order to understand the secrets. Again, it's all about the space race/ missile race.

If you want to steal my ideas, go ahead, just point anyone who cares enough, back here to hear my answer to the The Shining Code. Because it is a code. I didn't come up with the idea of a code, I just followed the clues. Or, as the kids say today, I followed the Easter Eggs. Wait what? I'm looking for Easter Eggs in October. Whatevar. Back to the point, everything is about the codes. Torn Curtain has lots of codes in the first few minutes. We are told immediately told that our hero is Paul Newman and he is a scientist. He is in room 237 aboard a ship called the Meteor.
To me, all this 237 stuff is old news.

Oh, and guess what our protagonist's name is, Micheal Armstrong. Let's pull that name apart. Micheal. The archangel Micheal is a legendary war hero who kills Satan. And Arm Strong. Well, that's just obvious. But wait, there's more... Who was the first person to set foot on the moon? Lance err, Neil, ah, yes, Neil Armstrong.
Did I mention our hero Armstrong is a nuclear physicist? He's a literal rocket scientist. Ha. A real Rocket Man. I had to.

Oh and the room number, look at the number seven. It has a cross through it.

I'm tired. I didn't sleep last night.

Yes, Alfred Hitchcock. He was a director of motion pictures. Murder mysteries mostly. But, he could kill at comedy too. Funny as hell. So, Alfred Hitchcock was famous for what... Easter Eggs. Well, a big fat Easter Egg in himself making a cameo. His head is very eggy. Does he resemble Humpty Dumpty? I will say yes. Anyway, he likes to show up at some point in the movie to give the observant moviegoer a thrill and a giggle. He breaks the wall rather than just sitting on it. The fourth wall is it...hehe

So, where will Freddie make himself a fat Where's Waldo in the movie? Oh, he doesn't waste any time and gets the gimmick over with very quickly. How's eight minutes in the two hour film for ya?

Pretty funny eh? Well, if you watch the movie, you will not laugh much more, if at all. I have to watch it again to double check this claim.

Here's where I freaked out when first developing my ideas about a numeric code to solve The Shining Code. In this scene with Hitchcock's cameo, we also see the activities in a HOTEL. Lots of stuff is going on to distract the senses, but it's so obvious where hitch is. There is one thing in this scene which convinces me I am on the right trajectory. And that's the elevator at the back right. There is a group of men waiting for the elevator. It doesn't look like an elevator because it is old timey. The door opens just like a regular door. I'll post some shots of the lobby and you should be able to see it for yourself before I have to tell you what there is to see.

Can you see it??? I'll zoom in.

Yup, those look like hexagons to me. It's also is etched glass with a negative yin yang pattern as well. That's a major theme in The Shining. Duality...

00ps, I forgot about the number seven.
America's first space men were the Mercury Seven, and this is at their memorial.
Every rocket ended in the number seven.

Here's a page that lists all the rockets/missiles in the Mercury Program.

historicspacecraft.com...

Oh, and there's so much more to Torn Curtain behind the curtain. And what a fitting title for a movie when you can work in part of the theatre stage. And Alfred Hitchcock is trying to tear open facade to reveal the truth literally. The movie is about the USA stealing secrets. That's bad isn't it? It's about lies, lies and more lies. It is a strong antiwar film. Simple. It's cover is a romantic drama. It's real mission is too uncover.

Anyway, I'm sleepy. There are many more points I'd like to bring up, but you can do that and watch both movies back to back and go wow

Oh, as to Kubrick's real motives to link the movies, it's hard to say how deep the deception goes. However, it is obvious that Kubrick was laying all kinds of Easter Eggs in order to make the themes in his movie clear. I agree with the genocides theories. There is tons of native themes and direct references as Rob Ager will tell you on you tube. The sexual terror is there too. Did you know Kubrick made Dr Strangelove to be one long dirty joke?

There's proof because he admitted it was very sexual. There's more. But I just forgot what I was going to write. um

sleepy

oh, I remember, the murder scene on the farm is so horrible. I wonder if it's on you tube.

edit on 10-10-2017 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ericblair4891 What a great read, than you for putting this together tonight. I have never heard any of this before. Do you think 2010 The year we made contact could tie into this?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Honestly, I don't remember much about 2010. I remember the hostility between the Russians and the Americans about their mission. Kubrick didn't direct it, and when he heard about it he was not happy. But yes, both films deal with government propaganda and state secrets. I've been watching some film critics view on 2001, and there was a scene missing from the beginning of the movie. If you remember jump cut of a couple millions years, when "Moonwatcher" throws his bone, and it turns into a satellite, well, there were suppose to be several. Basically, it was Ronald Reagan's idea the Star Wars Defense Plan. In Kubrick's version, there were many nations all with nuclear satellites acting as a mutual deterrent. Like MAD. Mutual Assured Destruction. Except in space.

What's it also called a Mexican standoff? yes.
I'll have to watch 2010 again.

edit on 10-10-2017 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ericblair4891 So I will watch 2001 and the Shining again. I know he didn't direct 2010 but was always uder the assumption that he was happy with it but that was just my view. I had no idea he was upset. I think my movie of the Shining is on VHS so hopefully my old player will work. I will let ya know. I really need to get the duel player so I can convert all of my old movies to DVD.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
One obvious flaw

Basically, it was Ronald Reagan's idea the Star Wars Defense Plan.

The book was written by Arthur C. Clark in 1968
The movie came out same year.
Reagan didnt enter politics until 1967
Raegan didnt become President until 1981.
So , as governor of Cali , Reagan developed his Star Wars plan from the movie ? Got eye problems , cant see that.

Oh , and The Shining was written by Stephen King and published in 1977 . The movie was derived from King's book in 1980 . Not written by Kubrick..at all

edit on 10/11/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ericblair4891

Oh, and guess what our protagonist's name is, Micheal Armstrong. Let's pull that name apart. Micheal. The archangel Micheal is a legendary war hero who kills Satan. And Arm Strong. Well, that's just obvious. But wait, there's more... Who was the first person to set foot on the moon? Lance err, Neil, ah, yes, Neil Armstrong.

That’s kind of reaching don’t you think?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Danny, our protagonist, on the middle of a hexagon.

Micheal Armstrong, our rocket scientist protagonist, standing in the middle of a hexagon.

Also, Hitchcock made heavy use of matte paintings for many scenes.

I tried to find a new picture of the floor of the museum. However, I couldn't find one, because I think Hitchcock just made up the floor plan.

It was a matte painting, and they only painted half and blended images...

The following article explains matte paintings and how hitch used them in Torn Curtain.
www.dobbeltd.dk...

Wow, doesn't Kubrick's movie poster look alien!? I wonder if he did that on purpose. Of course he did. There were dozens of rejected posters before Kubrick chose this one.

edit on 11-10-2017 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Dang nab it. I went and checked and the letter was a fake. Kubrick didn't hate the idea. He actually gave his approval. Here's a wiki quote

"Production[edit]
Development and filming[edit]
When Clarke published his novel 2010: Odyssey Two in 1982, he telephoned Stanley Kubrick, and jokingly said, "Your job is to stop anybody [from] making it [into a movie] so I won't be bothered."[4] Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer subsequently worked out a contract to make a film adaptation, but Kubrick had no interest in directing it. However, Peter Hyams was interested and contacted both Clarke and Kubrick for their blessings:
I had a long conversation with Stanley and told him what was going on. If it met with his approval, I would do the film; and if it didn't, I wouldn't. I certainly would not have thought of doing the film if I had not gotten the blessing of Kubrick. He's one of my idols; simply one of the greatest talents that's ever walked the Earth. He more or less said, 'Sure. Go do it. I don't care.' And another time he said, 'Don't be afraid. Just go do your own movie.'[4]"
en.wikipedia.org...(film)

snopes has the letter a fake and it was just satire...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Oh I found some more stuff.

In both movies, Torn Curtain and The Shining, we have our movie stars falling down the stairs. Both men are knocked down the stairs by a woman. Both scenes have problems because there are obvious " fakeness " about them. Shelly's bat bends because it's obviously rubber. And, when Paul Newman falls down the stairs it's so awkward. It looks funny.

edit on 11-10-2017 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
OMG I'm an idiot. I showed my son the photos of the hexagons. Except, he pointed out, and laugh about, the fact that Newman is standing on a octagon. duh. Well, I hate admitting I'm wrong but that's exactly what I have to do.

top topics

join