It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother.....review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
A 2hr steady cam shot of Jennifer Lawrence is a bit much. Yes, she is very pretty and a good actress, but come on..man! Aronofsky's self indulgent surrealistic BS allegory with mystical overtones had its moments but the extravagant horror attempt seemed contrived and almost silly. Darren A has made masterpieces in the past. This wasn't one of them.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I hate her. Legitimate hate.

She could be in the greatest movie ever made, and would ruin it.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
My 60 year old mother went and watched this movie... in her own words, verbatim, she stated: "jesus christ, that was hands down the weirdest ****ing movie i've ever watched in my life. I would've rather stayed home and watched HGTV"

she hates HGTV

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Give the thread some context.
didn't know the movie until
just watching trailer

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I hear the whole movie is a metaphor for the relation ship between Mother Earth, God, Adam and Eve and the human race as a whole.

Sounds like it could have been really good but everything I've heard so far is that it's horrible, and it's not just the acting, it's just about everything that makes it bad.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Hubby and I debated going to see it tonight.
So many people hated it. Some love it.
I decided not to pay so much to take the risk.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
a reply to: olaru12

I hear the whole movie is a metaphor for the relation ship between Mother Earth, God, Adam and Eve and the human race as a whole.

That's precisely what it is. It's about how humanity has taken religion and various forms of spirituality and distorted them beyond recognition.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
its was visually stunning but i think he tried to do too much... such a grand scheme... that its falls short similar to the Fountain

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Doesn't look interesting to me at all.

Looks like a snorefest.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I enjoyed the movie and found it quite entertaining, definitely not controversial. Probably one of the better "mainstream" movies released this year. For one, I did not see this allegory when I watched it, afterwards when reading about the symbolism found it to be a bit vague.
It's absolutely not a horror film and I loved how over the top it got towards the end. Still there is the typical quality to Aronofsky, in that there is something shallow about the way his concepts and characters are portrayed, still doesn't take away from it being one of the better films this year (in mainstream cinema)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
I hate her. Legitimate hate.

She could be in the greatest movie ever made, and would ruin it.

I found it really strange that she was cast in a movie like this, that I am still surprised by.

top topics

join