It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Governments Lie: Truth, Deception, and the Spirit of I.F. Stone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

A look at the life and work of American journalist, I.F. Stone,
who leads a one-man crusade against government deception.

Some of the Biggest Lies Exposed by Journalists

I.F. Stone famously said "All governments lie," and this belief motivates fearless independent journalists to find the truth. Explore pivotal moments in history when investigative journalists uncovered facts that contradicted official government statements. And learn more about the processes used by the reporters featured in All Governments Lie.

Trailer:

RottenTomatoes
IMDB
allgovernmentslie.com...
I. F. Stone Wikipedia

Brilliant Documentary!

What do ATS think? Is there anything to dispute in this docu ?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Sounds interesting, I'll definitely check it out later when I get time.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Explore pivotal moments in history when investigative journalists uncovered facts that contradicted official government statements.

Past lies? What about now?

Imo, anything that makes the press look like they are actually investigating gubment malfeasance today is a joke. The "press" no longer presses for the truth except about their make news "stories". Who better to carry that BS than Hollywood ala Oliver Stone?

Edit to add: Before flaming me, consider that the gubment doesn't actually lie, the press does every time they report it. The press lies, for the gubment and behind them the corporations (that own the Press).

The only exposure comes from leaks from other than press sources, like Snowden, Assange and Manning to name a few.
Notice that silent treatment? See any other 'whistle blowers' come forward lately?

Exactly.

edit on 5-10-2017 by intrptr because: est to add

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Explore pivotal moments in history when investigative journalists uncovered facts that contradicted official government statements.

Past lies? What about now?

Exactly. This docu is a slap in the face on current "journalism".
Compared to I.F. Stone, the current established MSM is utterly shameful, imho.

Imo, anything that makes the press look like they are actually investigating gubment malfeasance today is a joke. The "press" no longer presses for the truth except about their make news "stories". Who better to carry that BS than Hollywood ala Oliver Stone?

You didn't see the docu? You don't know Oliver Stone?

The only exposure comes from leaks from other than press sources, like Snowden, Assange and Manning to name a few.
Notice that silent treatment? See any other 'whistle blowers' come forward lately?

Exactly.

Exactly, Snowden. You don't know Oliver Stone.

The arms race is based on an optimistic view of technology and a pessimistic view of man.
It assumes there is no limit to the ingenuity of science and no limit to the deviltry of human beings.

Izzy Quotes
edit on 5/10/2017 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Yes I Know of Oliver Stone, Amy Goodman, Michael Moore, and the others appearing in the film. I have utmost respect for them in their own right. What I was focusing on is the apparent focus in the film of the past, exemplified by Colin Powers role demonizing Iraq in the UN , prior to 'Gulf Wars One'.

To quote from your Oliver Stone link:

All governments lie, but disaster lies in wait for countries whose officials smoke the same hashish they give out.

Considering its Main stream media production ala Hollywood, the re-"hashing" of old Fake news is more mish mash for public consumption. That information is already out there.

.o2

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Yes I Know of Oliver Stone, Amy Goodman, Michael Moore, and the others appearing in the film. I have utmost respect for them in their own right. What I was focusing on is the apparent focus in the film of the past, exemplified by Colin Powers role demonizing Iraq in the UN , prior to 'Gulf Wars One'.

Do you mean 'Gulf War 2' (least). Also known as the Iraq war (2003)
'Gulf war one' as you put it, is known as the Gulf war (1990)

Colin Powers was fully aware it was a total fabrication, he was later exposed as a liar. Video
And it's only one example, there are numerous through out the docu.

To quote from your Oliver Stone link:

All governments lie, but disaster lies in wait for countries whose officials smoke the same hashish they give out.

Considering its Main stream media production ala Hollywood, the re-"hashing" of old Fake news is more mish mash for public consumption. That information is already out there.

.o2

That quote was from Izzy.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Newsflash, its all the same Gulf War, ongoing.

"AKA", conquest of the Middle East for Oil. It wasn't a 'war' in that sense, it was invasion of a sovereign country under false pretenses, waging aggressive warfare to overthrow their gubment. Ongoing, in the still current warfare waged in that beleaguered country in which millions have died and or been displaced, way outside any mandate or resolution , Iraq being just one example of this 'whole ME injustice', perped by NATO Alliance and Coalition of Proxy members, and their 21 flavor insurgencies.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Newsflash, its all the same Gulf War, ongoing.

"AKA", conquest of the Middle East for Oil. It wasn't a 'war' in that sense, it was invasion of a sovereign country under false pretenses, waging aggressive warfare to overthrow their gubment. Ongoing, in the still current warfare waged in that beleaguered country in which millions have died and or been displaced, way outside any mandate or resolution , Iraq being just one example of this 'whole ME injustice', perped by NATO Alliance and Coalition of Proxy members, and their 21 flavor insurgencies.

Have you googled lately those docys that speak the honesty of these events?
90% of them are bundled with Aliens, Chemtrail and other stupidity.
Not excatly the way to get the info out there, but to obscure it in tons of crap... the trolls have been busy :/

This documentary is a great "cleanup" of what is important and it dont splatter it with complete idiocracy.
You could call it a rehash yes, but this time its in a proper pacgage, wont you agree?

And dont miss the important message... all the clues are right under your nose!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

This documentary is a great "cleanup" of what is important and it dont splatter it with complete idiocracy.

I hope so. I want to review it, without prejudice.

top topics

join