It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Order of the Arrow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The Order of the Arrow is Scoutings National Honor Socieity, not a "secret socieity", but this seemed the best place for this thread. I was wondering if there are any brother Arrowmen here on ATS. If you are could you post your membership honor and the lodge you belonged to.

WWW,

svcadet

PS- I am a Brotherhood member of Kuskitannee lodge #168 and serve as a distric Vice Chief on my lodges Executive Committee.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
hi svcadet32

i don't really do forums anymore (lack of time and an abundance of fools) but i wanted to reply so here i am . . .

am an adult member of Kit-Ke-Hak-O-kut lodge#97 - Brotherhood Member -the young men running our lodge tend to keep it exciting and meaningful - one of their challenges is our council has become so spread out area wise that it tends to become difficult scheduling ordeals - ( Mid America Council ) have been an elangomat twice and truly enjoy working with the program - i stay very busy with the council camping committee as well as being an ASM ( stepped down as job obligations made it difficult to be scoutmaster
- thats the breaks ) - one thing you may want to think about is having each capter establish some goals - use the S.M.A.R.T. method from woodbadge - Specific - Measurable - Attainable - Relevant - Timely - i went to my chapter and gave a quick pep talk on goal setting and the importance of it - they put their heads together and are running the winter camporee for our district - hope the weather is on our side - feb 18-20 - hopefully some of the other arrowmen on the board will respond - i believe there are many out there

live2camp

p.s. also an honord warrior in the tribe of Nani Ba Zhu - you can find out more about NBZ on mac-bsa.org

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
thanks for the advice you gave about the s.m.a.r.t method, i have never seen that before. my council (Moraine Trials Council) really does not have the problem that you seem to have, we only have three districs and only about 320 registered members of our lodge. thats kinda odd when Greater Pittsburgh which is to our south has 6 or 7 districs and around 1500 members in thier OA lodge. also, thanks for the web site about the Nani Ba Zhu, i have never heard of that before

svcadet

[edit on 11-2-2005 by svcadet32]

join