It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Bush: World Must Speak with One Voice on Iran Nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
In an apparent contridiction to Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice's statement that an attack on Iran is not on the agenda, President Bush today stepped up the rhetoric against Iran, sending a message that appeared for all the world to be a direct warning, the U.S. will not allow Iran to develop nuclear weapons.

news.yahoo.com
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush said on Wednesday Iran with a nuclear weapon would be a "very destabilizing" force and that it was important for the world to speak with one voice against Tehran's program.

"The Iranians just need to know that the free world is working together to send a very clear message: Don't develop a nuclear weapon," Bush said.

"And the reason we're sending that message is because Iran with a nuclear weapon would be a very destabilizing force in the world," he said during a meeting with Poland's president.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

And in an apparent contradiction of her own statements, Ms. Rice today has echoed the Presidents threats, stating that, the "next steps are in the offing" if Iran's talks with the European nations do not begin to show progress.

www.startribune.com
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM -- Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice warned Iran on Wednesday that "next steps are in the offing" if negotiations with Europe over its nuclear program don't progress.

Nearing the end of a fence-mending tour of European allies, Rice said that the United States has set no deadline on the talks but that they cannot go on forever.

She stressed that the Bush administration has not changed its view that the U.N. Security Council should step in to get tougher on Iran.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The Bush administration is starting to take a hard line with Iran. They tried the good cop bad cop routine, with Ms. Rice appearing to take a softer line, but now she has fallen back in behind the president, and is backing his policies with her own tough talk.

Granted you would expect that the administration would speak with a single unified voice, but it sure was nice to have the moderating tones of a Colin Powell softening the rhetoric.

This may turn into a situation where the tough talk will not dissuade Iran, but rather goad them into completing a nuclear device. At which time the Bush administration will have no choice but to back their words with action

Related News Links:
pittsburghlive.com
www.startribune.com
tokyo.usembassy.gov

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Our useless blabbering on this news will result in nothing because it produces nothing but meaningless arguements resulting in nothingness. Bush & cronies will do what they want no matter what he implies, says, etcetera. So, continue the bad-mouthing, blind rhetoric, and senseless arguements. It will only lead to nothing. Bush is gonna do what he wants! So, the best thing for your health is to quit caring! It's what I'm gonna do.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
So in other words your saying that your solution is apathy? You can't do anything about it so you'll crawl into a hole and hope it goes away?

That's the same solution my 9 year old son uses to homework. Ignore it and hope it goes away.

Apathy doesn't work. Apathy enables this sort of thing. If you saw your neighbor beating his wife through their front window, you would just close the curtains, turn up the TV and pretend it wasn't there. "Not my problem" And when he continued to beat her to the point in which he killed her, that wouldn't be your problem either? And when he was digging a hole in his back yard to bury her body, that wouldn't be your problem either. Nothing you could have done to stop him, so why worry about it now.

Wrong.

Telling the world what is going on, shines a spotlight on the situation. Pointing out the flaws where you see them might just seem like the boy who cries wolf, but if you do make a stink about it, then people are going to pay attention. People are going to step up. And if enough people become indignent, then they will band together, and the next time they see trouble, they will knock on the door.

No my friend, allowing a situation to go unchecked is like giving an endorsement to the behavior. You may not condone it, but ignoring it, and not standing up and shouting, "That's wrong", allows for them to continue the bad behavior. When you quit caring, your are embracing ignorance.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
IMO - Bush with a nuclear weapon is already a very destabilizing force in the world.

...and why is he pumping billions into developing even more WMD's for America?

President Bush, tell me please, Can you spell "role model" ?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Allahu Akbar! I can't wait for the war in Iran.

It will be an amazing conflict. All I'll say is that don't expect it to be anywhere near as easy as Iraq. And if you thought Iraq was easy...well....nice.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by cstyle226]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
America has been p%$$%ng in the world's collective face for years and now wants a consenses of help?

Not gonna happen. Iran wiould be a disaster for the U.S.

As bad as Iraq has been, Iran would be an order of magnitude more difficult.

I hope, for the sake of Iranians and America's military that Bush's latest test of the waters is nothing more than propaganda.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
IMHO Iran already has nuclear weapons that will be used against Israel. Probably China and Russia will jump in if there is a war with Iran, and North Korea may at the same time bomb Japan and South Korea to spice things up.

This could be a major headache for Adolf Bush.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Bush is going into Iran, maybe this year after the fallout from the Iraq election allows an assessment of troop requirements. More than likely that a troop withdrawel from Iraq will be a cover for ships to go to "pick them up" and then suprise suprise Iran. He will be alone. I'm pretty sure that the likes of Colin Powell have an inkling about this as well which is why he and others exited stage left quickly !

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Its not a question of whther the US has the capabillity to take Iran. We do.
The only question is will the US political powers allow the militry to do what it takes to take Iran.
If we play the Kinda pussyfoot # we di in Vietnam No.
If we hit em hard, cahse em down and pull no punches as we started to do in Iraq after the assualt on Falujah, then Yes.
Persoannly I thnk its about time the iranans got liberated.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
But feel for all the young Americans who'll be drafted against their will to "Liberate" Iran. I personally, from a non-American p.o.v. feel that a draft is pretty much inevitable. The US will need the extra troops and I'm sure (I hope?) they will have a much harder time justifying the "Liberation" of Iran. I think a massive terrorist attack would set the stage for support for a huge Draft.

I can't help but think of all the other countries in the World that need "Liberating" by Bushco World Police. Where's it going to stop? I shudder to think where we'll all be in 4 years time but get the impression it'll be somewhere underneath a nuclear wasteland.

Persoannly I thnk its about time the iranans got liberated.

I really hope the above isn't representitive of the majority. If so then we're worse than I thought.

Peace

Tandino

[edit on 10-2-2005 by tandino]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
No need for a draft, all we have to do s rase pay, death benefits, and Gi bill program expendtures. Oh wait Bush has already proposed all that hasn't he?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
What it will take to get the US into Iran is a situation similar to that which got us into Afghanistan. A terror attack on US soil that will be traced back to Tehran. I'll leave it up to each of you to decide whether or not it is a fabrication.

If it does happen, it will be more incredible then 9-11, and a draft wont be needed. Young men and women will be lining up to volunteer for the next Great Cause.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
What it will take to get the US into Iran is a situation similar to that which got us into Afghanistan. A terror attack on US soil that will be traced back to Tehran. I'll leave it up to each of you to decide whether or not it is a fabrication.

If it does happen, it will be more incredible then 9-11, and a draft wont be needed. Young men and women will be lining up to volunteer for the next Great Cause.

I wouldn't put it past the current administration, at least a person like Karl Rove to create such a thing

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
IMO - Bush with a nuclear weapon is already a very destabilizing force in the world.

...and why is he pumping billions into developing even more WMD's for America?

President Bush, tell me please, Can you spell "role model" ?

And why isn't Russia, or China, or North Korea, the ones to step up and be the role models of the world?..... no, it has to be the U.S. the one to get disarmed....and then Russia, CHina, North Korea and others can do whatever the hell they want to do huh?.... Hey, why not take on the country that has been a thorn on their backside, as they tried to spread communism in the world?...

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature

i beg your pardon?....you make it sound that the U.S "fabricated" 9/11...or it might "fabricate" another 9/11.... What about the evidence that comes from "outside the U.S." which points to the fact that it has been Islamic extremists doing all these attacks?

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Muaddib]

top topics

join