It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: Walmart fight over school supplies ends in horror as woman pulls out gun

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Timothy 2 For men will be lovers of themselves

Guilty. Hey all the fine women and not so fine women go for the d-bags. What's a guy to do but hug his pillows and think of Eva Gabor?

edit on 1-9-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Pulled a gun. Over a notebook. smh.
You know, the hell of it is, just about all of that stuff is on the shelf year round. You can go get notebooks, paper, pens, pencils, folders, etc.. any time before the school year, it's just lazy minded people who don't think ahead or want to save $.10 and get it "on sale".
I go to Wal Mart because they have the cheapest ammo. I go in, buy it and walk right back out.........ok....they've got good mangoes too. [ hangs head in shame ]

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I am guessing it may have to do with money and haves and have nots.

We had to do the school supply thing this year as our previous school handled all that, but public school does not.

All the school supplies were pretty specific because the teachers more or less pool them in common, so if the kids get wide ranging and different folders, journals, etc., then the common pool ends up not as common and the shiny, slick cute kitten folder you bought for little Maggie might end up being little Eric's school folder and your little Maggie might end up with someone's Dollar Tree bargain basement folder.

Both work, but you can see where the issues might arise. Whereas if everyone gets the same plain color, pocketed, bracketed folders ... then the only thing that can differ from kid to kid is color.

But yeah, every school wants the kids to get marble cover, wide rule composition books, and on tax-free weekend we had to dig a lot to find any left at Target. But no one was clubbing anyone or nasty or angry.

I think next year, I may just order a large pack from Staples or Amazon or something in advance and then send them all in.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Pulled a gun. Over a notebook. smh.
You know, the hell of it is, just about all of that stuff is on the shelf year round. You can go get notebooks, paper, pens, pencils, folders, etc.. any time before the school year, it's just lazy minded people who don't think ahead or want to save $.10 and get it "on sale".
I go to Wal Mart because they have the cheapest ammo. I go in, buy it and walk right back out.........ok....they've got good mangoes too. [ hangs head in shame ]

Most of the time, schools don't post what students need for their grade level locally until a week before school starts.

I'm not going to judge you for buying your bullets and mangoes from the same store either

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Yep, that's the truth and the thing is that having been on the teacher end of it, you can't blame them entirely. Sometimes, the district pulls the rug out from under just a few weeks before the year starts and changes your entire curriculum, text and game plan ... which then changes what supplies you would anticipate your kids needing to some degree.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

So 3 people started fighting with each other,
two older women and a 20 year old who was the
daughter of one of the older women. The mother
pushed the other older lady and in
retaliation the older woman that had been pushed
grabbed the young girl by the hair. The first older
woman ,being the mother of the young girl then
pulled out her legal firearm and ordered the other
lady to let go of her daughters hair. She did, and that
was the end of the fight.

A notebook is a really dum thing to fight about.
It seems like the gun owner did a good thing.
She protected her daughter and put and end to the fight.
Her gun was legal. I don't know if she broke a law by pulling it
but i hope she doesn't get in any extra trouble because of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join