It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Law Enforcement Officers Shot In Sacramento County, Conditions Unknown

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Well none of us were there but my guess is that they were a little too relaxed after making the felony stop on the two females that bolted when officers first arrived. They may have knocked thinking that the room was empty. All guessing here, of course.

But if it makes you feel any better, SRT from at least four agencies is on site now. Folsom PD's Bearcat is here, plus assets from CHP, Sac Sheriff and Sac PD including K-9s. It's been interesting listening to the radio traffic directing the armored assets into position. For a while, they had the Bearcat in a nearby mobile home park because it provided a clear sight line to the suspect room's window.

Looks like the second floor is not clear - Scanner traffic is talking about at least two rooms on the second floor that are confirmed occupied. Those inside are not responding to commands to exit. Placing breaching charges now.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tripnman

Well none of us were there but my guess is that they were a little too relaxed after making the felony stop on the two females that bolted when officers first arrived. They may have knocked thinking that the room was empty. All guessing here, of course.

But if it makes you feel any better, SRT from at least four agencies is on site now. Folsom PD's Bearcat is here, plus assets from CHP, Sac Sheriff and Sac PD including K-9s. It's been interesting listening to the radio traffic directing the armored assets into position. For a while, they had the Bearcat in a nearby mobile home park because it provided a clear sight line to the suspect room's window.

Looks like the second floor is not clear - Scanner traffic is talking about at least two rooms on the second floor that are confirmed occupied. Those inside are not responding to commands to exit. Placing breaching charges now.

See?

They could have waited for tactical assistance, but didn't.

Some lessons are very hard learned...unfortunately... I sincerely hope they recover, and add this to the lesson plan.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

lol, its all terrorism anymore isn't it? seems more like some car thieves were not gonna go down without a fight. not terrorists. but then i have seen nothing official yet.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

The many successful and safe apprehensions hardly get noticed, only the very rare bad incidents like this do. The shoulda coulda woulda disrespectful comments are not needed. There is way to many variables going on for you to play know it all.

You definitely do not know what they where thinking.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus
a reply to: worldstarcountry

There will be a time when cops will NOT answer calls for anything domestic, and they will no longer knock and let people know. They'll come in like a SWAT team and innocent people are going to get blown away because of crap like this.

Nobody ever thinks of the end result of this type of violent behavior. Cops will be given carte blanche to do whatever makes them feel safe, and if you, your children, your elderly relatives, or your pets get blown away, oh well.

I hope that was tongue in cheek, because this is already the reality.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
UPDATE: A SSD Deputy has died from wounds sustained when the suspect fired from the balcony. Of the two CHP officers that were hit initially, one has already been released. The second is in surgery but is stable and is expected to make a full recovery.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tripnman

It's sad that this officer was murdered in cold blood like that. Being a police officer is becoming as dangerous as being a soldier in combat, isn't it?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Local to the area - knew something was up when 12 vehicles from different agencies passed me at a high rate of speed. Been following the action via scanner all afternoon. Here's the summary:

Joint task force of CA Highway Patrol, Sac Sheriff and Sac PD were looking for stolen vehicles. Found a suspect vehicle that led officers on a pursuit to nearby town where they were captured. Police returned to the Ramada Inn and traced the vehicle to a guest room. When officers knocked and announced, another suspect opened fire with a long gun (AK 47) through the door and wall. Two CHP officers down, status unknown. Suspect then engaged in a fire fight with additional officers located behind the hotel by shooting from balcony. He managed to get out of the building and escaped in a vehicle. He was pursued and crashed nearby. At the crash site the suspect engaged in another gun fight - and lost. He is now in custody with holes he didn't have this morning. Status unknown.

As I type, officers are using a robot and shotgun to breach doors in the hotel, clearing room by room. Snipers are set up covering all sides of the building. Still developing.

UPDATE: First and second floors are clear, moving to third floor (where the incident began).

Is this based on intel or precautionary? Do they think the entire thing was a setup?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

We agree that this was a cold-blooded murder - of that there is no doubt even though we have to use words like "suspect" until the court system does its thing. That said, I hope this guy doesn't make it out of the medical unit.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Based on local news stories and what I heard first-hand listening to the scanner traffic all day. They're still clearing rooms and I just learned that guests are still in the hotel. Imagine being told to shelter in place on the first floor while PD is using breaching charges on the second floor. Boom! Boom! Boom!

Medics, the Red Cross and psychologists are also on site now to help the guests. I heard them evacuate one guest with a diabetic emergency. Took the responders 20 minutes to coordinate exfil routes, move assets into place for cover, disable alarms on exit doors, etc. before they could hustle this guy out. What a mess.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Tripnman

wtf is it a full military scale operation now??

they didn't say there is a reason for this?

is there suspicion?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum

The many successful and safe apprehensions hardly get noticed, only the very rare bad incidents like this do. The shoulda coulda woulda disrespectful comments are not needed. There is way to many variables going on for you to play know it all.

Disrespectful in what regard as it pertains to my comments??

You're the one comfortable with the statisical odds, I'm trying to identify the needless tactics that led to these officers being assaulted!

You are the one comfortable with the loss or injury because it fits the narrative...

Boo hoo...officers got hurt...

Let's do the usual "we support them rap"...

"Sorry and prayers to the families..."

IF you have tactical experience, bring it!!!

Other than that, you nothing of what you defend other than "the boys in blue...."

"Those that put their lives at risk to serve us all..."

"So we can sleep at night..."

They make mistakes too.

To identify those mistakes are disrespectful!!??

Get real.

edit on E31America/ChicagoWed, 30 Aug 2017 20:09:17 -05008pmWednesdayth08pm by EternalShadow because: correction

edit on E31America/ChicagoWed, 30 Aug 2017 20:12:15 -05008pmWednesdayth08pm by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Military operation? The department's spokesperson would agree with you...

This is stuff we come in contact with every day, you know," Turnbull said. "It’s not war, but this is no different when you have instances like this.

Local news story just updated. Hotel is now clear, no further details. Still an active scene but comms on the scanner have died down. Here's the story:

Deputy killed, CHP officers injured in shooting near Sacramento County motel

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Military operation? The department's spokesperson would agree with you...

This is stuff we come in contact with every day, you know," Turnbull said. "It’s not war, but this is no different when you have instances like this.

Local news story just updated. Hotel is now clear, no further details. Still an active scene but comms on the scanner have died down. Here's the story:

Deputy killed, CHP officers injured in shooting near Sacramento County motel

Of course it's clear!!!

Geezus...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: luke1212

Yes sir I was wrong, I admit it.

I'm just glad I am a hygienic person..My foot doesn't taste half bad..although I will try my best not to make it a permanent part of my diet.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

UPDATE: A SSD Deputy has died from wounds sustained when the suspect fired from the balcony. Of the two CHP officers that were hit initially, one has already been released. The second is in surgery but is stable and is expected to make a full recovery.

My heart goes out to the deputy's family.

Sincerely,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: kyleplatinum

Disrespectful in what regard as it pertains to my comments??

You're the one comfortable with the statisical odds, I'm trying to identify the needless tactics that led to these officers being assaulted!

You are the one comfortable with the loss or injury because it fits the narrative...

Boo hoo...officers got hurt...

Let's do the usual "we support them rap"...

"Sorry and prayers to the families..."

IF you have tactical experience, bring it!!!

Other than that, you nothing of what you defend other than "the boys in blue...."

"Those that put their lives at risk to serve us all..."

"So we can sleep at night..."

They make mistakes too.

To identify those mistakes are disrespectful!!??

Get real.

Stay cold!

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus
I made fun of Trump?? I made a declarative statement of my suspicion of the suspects, and then added a gif that supports the building of the wall. I think you need to take it easy, I am trying to justify why the wall needs to be built yesterday.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join