It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVP from Haunted Business

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
webpages.charter.net...

There it is, i figured out how to upload it on my PC.

I apologize for the terriblesound, it'll make your ears bleed. I tried to use cool edit 2000 to reduce the noise but it made it sound weird and not what I wanted. If anyone here has any sound programs and feel like messing with it go ahead.

Basically it just shows the distortion it picked up, it sounds alot different listening to it on the recorder, the normal recording noise isn't as loud and you can hear the abnormal sound alot better. There's also 2 beeping noises that didn't get picked up by uploading. I hope to have a DVR by this weekend.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
No responses? I know the sound is bad, but can't you hear that? The whole recording (90 mins) is quiet, well besides for the recording noise, when it gets to this part about 20 minutes into it you can really hear the difference.

I'm sorry this recording is so bad. I'll mess with it on cool edit smore and see if i can get it better.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hi Des...

I'm very interesting in following the replies to this as I want to conduct one of these properly in my house as well. Would like to learn exactly how you did it and such. There does seem to be anamolies in the portion you have posted. I will listen to it with better software.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Thanks Vallhal, We just used one of those old school type cassette recorders. We set it in the dining room where the latest loud bang was heard and pressed record upon closing shop.

I swear I can hear water dripping too but I don't know if thats the recording or what. There are no water sources nearby that.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I heard water dripping also. I thought it was in the kitchen. There are also some creepy parts that almost sound like someone whispering. It may just be the interference though

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Yes I hear the whispering also, I even kind of made something out but want to hear if anyone else does before I say what i heard.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Freaky.

I can hear something being whispered, but I can't make it out.

Thanks DesEagle

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Sounds a bit fuzzy but keep it up there maybe more you will be able to pick up another time,too bad you couldn't clean the distortion a little more. If you have any musician friends you might try a better mic like a sure57 or sure58 or a higher quality mic made for the pupose of recording larger spaces.

I have had my only real sighting of a ghost at my work place as well, and i keep trying to repeat the sighting. Even staying after work and taking digital pictures but i cant repeat the occurence.Any ideas on how i might be able to do this?.
Parker

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Cool soundtrack!

I guess, the quality would be better using a digital recorder instead of cassette. I guess, these digital recordings will pop up one day, too.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Question about using a DVR, will it work if I set it to voice activation?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It should work on VOX. The old magnetic-tape recorders would cut off the first spoken work or so when voice-activated. New digital models should buffer enough to get it all.

If there is constant background noise, though, then it'll be the same effect as leaving it on set to record.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Right, I just wodered if something was going to come through if it would actually trip the voice activation, or if it should be left on record?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
OK, that is freaky.

Try listening to it on Windows Media Player with the visualization set to Plenoptic, Vox. That's the one that pulses to voices and sounds in that fuzzy yellow 'bar' thing. I know there's a term for it but my mind is blank right now. It's my default, so it came up when I played it. Right at 18 seconds, it goes nuts. There is definitely something there.

Freaky.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
If this has already been posted then forgive me, but if your intrested in EVP then listen to these......

www.phantomsinthedark.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
yeah Duzey i listened to it on windows media player on plenoptic vox and it defiantely does go crazy a couple of times. shame there is so much crackling tho, be cool to play around with it and get rid of some of the noise cos i think there are a couple of interesting bits there

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i think ur all nerds! and i loathe u

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Things are definately going on there. See the haunted buisness thread for an update.

top topics

join