It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Response to: Coincidences with words im reading being spoken to me from various sources around me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I'm aware this post may be harsh, but dear lord this forum is full of pseudoscience bs.

The post I'm responding to is about a poster who noticed words they read suddenly being heard all around them. The post is then filled with people commenting about how "OMG this totally happens to me too! How Sp00ky!" And other crap about how this is some spirituality phenomenon that tells the individual they are on the right path in life or some crap (I really didn't read too much of the posts due to the idiocy off the post not being worth the expense of my time).

NO you're not experiencing something paranormal or spiritual. This is a well known cognitive bias called the Frequency illusion or the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon, in which "one stumbles upon some obscure piece of information—often an unfamiliar word or name—and soon afterwards encounters the same subject again, often repeatedly."

I can't believe this really needs to be pointed out. But as is common on this board a few people are posting totally mundane things and due to ignorance of basic science claiming it's something special and paranormal or whatever. It's not. You're not. There is nothing extrasensory or special about you - apart from your ignorance of basic science.

My sentiments also stand for the people making posts about seeing dots in the air/ ripples in the air/ flashes in the air/ squiggles in front of their eyes. Once again this is nothing mysterious/ paranormal/ or unique superpower you have, it's normal everyday human perception.

I think most of the people in this forum really need to take a hard look at themselves, educate themselves a bit more, and stop jumping to irrational paranormal explanations for simple everyday phenomenon.
edit on 29-8-2017 by RedEyes619 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2017 by RedEyes619 because: Sp

edit on 29-8-2017 by RedEyes619 because: Sp

edit on 29-8-2017 by RedEyes619 because: Clarification

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
If it bugs you so much simply don't read it.You are not responsible for the members of ATS,they can read what they want,within the ToS,say what they want and damn sure believe what they want.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RedEyes619

I looked deep and hard at myself. His best recommendation was that you seek psychiatric help. No offense meant.

Blessed be.

edit on 29-8-2017 by Illumimasontruth because: Supreme Pizza

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

ATS Tagline: Deny Ignorance

ATS Users (some): The most ignorant, misinformed, scientifically illiterate, fools.

I'm just here to point out the absurdity of certain posters, case in point the guy confusing a simple well known psychological phenomenon with some sort of mystical spirituality phenomenon.

Trying to defend the fool is like trying to defend someone who denies gravity.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: RedEyes619

NO you're not experiencing something paranormal or spiritual. This is a well known cognitive bias called the Frequency illusion or the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon, in which "one stumbles upon some obscure piece of information—often an unfamiliar word or name—and soon afterwards encounters the same subject again, often repeatedly."

Except, if you read the OP on that thread, you will realise that the above is not what he is describing at all.

edit on 29-8-2017 by audubon because: added link

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
ATS doesn't allow spin-off threads or threads about threads. No negative threads about members either.

Thread closed.

top topics

join