It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet Another Former NSA Analyst Faces Criminal Charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The article contains much more about the games that are played when one falls out of favor and the dogs come after you.

I am so glad I left my little part of that outfit and never looked back..... but some of the memories of just how fubar some in an organization can be will follow me to the grave..

By Janet Phelan

Karen Melton-Stewart, a foreign language intelligence analyst with the Weapons and Space Directorate at the NSA, discovered that the Russians were selling GPS jammers to Iraq before the 2003 US invasion. The jammers would have caused missiles to go off target and very likely hit civilians, as well as US military. Her six month series of subsequent reports, delineating the technical attributes of the Russian GPS jammers and their sale and transfer details was credited by her management team with saving thousands of American lives.

What she didn’t know then was that her efforts very likely cost her her own.

Her reports, which formed the basis of a technical team’s countermeasure efforts, resulted in the US being able to circumvent the jammers and proceed with the effort known as Operation Iraqi Freedom. All the team came up for awards and/or promotions due to this effort and Stewart was also submitted for a promotion by her branch chief. Inexplicably, Stewart’s name was removed from the list and her promotion was given to another analyst, who did not work on the report and whose high school level education did not provide her with the skill set to do so.

And when Stewart wanted to know why she was passed over, she set in play a maelstrom of reaction which she could never have foreseen. At that time, Stewart believed in the integrity of the NSA and had no clue that what she had stumbled upon was an entirely illegal blackmail cell, operating within NSA Security.

Says Stewart, “The woman who got my promotion was a “honey pot,” and was setting up management level NSA officials for sexual blackmail.” Stewart believes that this was being run by a sector within the NSA called NSA Security.

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

That was interesting. Read the entire article and reads like so many others. Entire intelligence community illegal and out of control. Seem to spend a lot of time and money harrassing those who happen to be intelligent enough to actually do their job.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
That sort of corrupt promotion politics happens everywhere. You can be assigned to a blue-sky project to find out whether something is possible or not. Nobody wants to go near it because of the uncertainty. You get the project, and over a couple of years turn a bare patch of ground into a golden temple. Then the minute you publish your work, suddenly one or more alumni students or ex-staff reappear or email you and demand that you hand over all your work to them. You refuse (with the support of your supervisor) and then they go up to the head of department, the principal. Next thing you know, you are being hauled off your own project - even thought it had been allocated research funds and being ice-cubed.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn Entire intelligence community illegal and out of control.

a blank cheque and absolute legal immunity from anything, ever.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

There are multiple parallel existences here - apart from the obvious one, where we the regular Joe and Jane spend our days.

Politicians vs Elite.

Intelligence folks vs Insider Groups there.

Those groups have their own frame of references. If you are part of that gang, and happen to cross somehow there, then these folks will try their best to push you to fall into trouble in the existence where Joe and Jane exists. I.e. through pushing you to be labelled as a criminal or offender of some sort.

And this story here, that really stinks like one such story. She is obviously been framed to give an obvious excuse to shut her totally up.
edit on 27-8-2017 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I read quite a bit of the article. So much of it seems contrived.

All the team came up for awards and/or promotions due to this effort and Stewart was also submitted for a promotion by her branch chief. Inexplicably, Stewart’s name was removed from the list and her promotion was given to another analyst, who did not work on the report and whose high school level education did not provide her with the skill set to do so.

One's work does not warrant a promotion on either the uniformed or civilian sides of the house. On the civilian side, you either apply for another job at a higher grade, or, you compete with your peer group should the agency determine your position warrants a higher grade.

If she was military, merit promotions would have been the only possibility of an 'uncompeted/un-boarded' promotion. And merit promotions are 'instant things' ... an action taken by a General Officer ... and no one would dare try juggling one of these.

My take away on the "high school level education" quote above, is that she was either a commissioned officer who tried to steal a 'real analyst's' thunder and got caught with her hand in the cookie jar, or she's a crappy-assed civilian (maybe even a dirty-nasty contractor) who was jealous of a military service award. Either way, this is not right, and doesn't sit well with me and my knowledge of how things really work (by the book).

Karen Stewart actually saw the man leaving her house after she was also “swept.” She then saw him shortly thereafter at NSA Security and believes she has determined his identity as “name redacted (go read the article if you want to see it,” an NSA executive with Computer Science and Electronics.

Again ... not my experience. Executives of the agency do not go out on OPs ... period.

She has joined a growing number of people, including several former intelligence officers, who are alleging microwave and directed energy attacks.

Gonna stop right there. This woman is a whacko-bird.

Fun read though!!

new topics

top topics

join