It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana Legalization Is Decreasing Violent Crime

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I have no problems with legalizing it but let's not pretend that marijuana is a perfect drug

Nobody is saying that and nobody is pretending anything, either.

Cannabis has been smeared by big pharma and their lobbyists for decades when they've known about its medicinal value all along.

Meanwhile, you have parents of children with epilepsy deciding to move 2000+ miles to a state with legal marijuana so they can treat their children without fear of being reprimanded by authorities.

Common sense should prevail and big pharma should retreat back into the hole they crawled out of.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Again I'm all for it, I moved to Arizona because it's a mmj state and I understand how the pharmaceutical companies are trying to smear it and it won't work in this day but I'm not going to pretend like other people here that it's a harmless drug, especially with many people overdosing on edibles, mellowed people don't shoot their wife or make some young kid take a diver out of a hotel window.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Earlier studies have shown just as much. Curious to see ow the Feds are going to omit, or if even acknowledge, spin this one.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Even if everyone you saw mellowing out got criminally violent, how many people would that be? 100 1000 not only would that be an anomaly but statistically thats a drop in in the bucket. Not to mention you hang with a very hip crowd, or you are in law enforcement where you are automatically exposed to the worse night in and night out. Would you not agree incidents of violence or much more likely under the influence of alcohol as opposed to cannabis.

and we haven't even talked about it's likely medicinal properties. Sure regulate and tax the hell out of it, but make it easily available to those that need it medically, nation wide. At the very least.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I'm not going to pretend like other people here that it's a harmless drug, especially with many people overdosing on edibles, mellowed people don't shoot their wife or make some young kid take a diver out of a hotel window.

Nobody has shot their wife because of cannabis.

It's also impossible to overdose on, since it is not neurotoxic.

As far as people jumping out of hotel windows? If they think they can fly, why not start from the ground? Sounds more like natural selection to me.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

No kidding, thinking you can fly is mental illness, not because you used any amount of weed.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Edibles are a whole different ballgame.

(post by Doctor Smith removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith

SNIPPED

Exactly, just look at the stories of college kids killing themselves getting blackout drunk on alcohol. If it can be abused a college student has probably done it. Have heard over a dozen stories like that,but never heard one about marijuana. hell just the pain and nauseous medicines given my father are 100 times worse when he was dying of cancer. i'm not a user either,but have no doubt his last couple of years would have been much less painful if he would have access to cannabis. After sitting with him getting his treatment week after week at the hospital full of other cancer patients I know first hand his case is only one of thousands. Thats the battle the pain and nauseous is so brutal and long lasting it wears the patient down. if you sit and watch that we someone you love and care for, you would try anything just to give them a few moments relief.
edit on 25-8-2017 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Even if everyone you saw mellowing out got criminally violent, how many people would that be? 100 1000 not only would that be an anomaly but statistically thats a drop in in the bucket. Not to mention you hang with a very hip crowd, or you are in law enforcement where you are automatically exposed to the worse night in and night out. Would you not agree incidents of violence or much more likely under the influence of alcohol as opposed to cannabis.

and we haven't even talked about it's likely medicinal properties. Sure regulate and tax the hell out of it, but make it easily available to those that need it medically, nation wide. At the very least.

What really helps is the recreational Cannabis. I calculated a net of 754 less reported violent crimes per year in Washington State alone. Ahhh probably nothing to you. Plus the proven medicinal value. And the fact that instead of doing damage to the mind and body it helps heal it. Ehh nothing. Let's just keep thoughtlessly doing things exactly the same failing way.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Not sure this reduced violent crime rate has to do with people getting high. More like fewer people knocking some little old ladies out for their purse money so they can go buy drugs from their (heavily armed) skeevy dealer. Because they don't have to. Nothing to do with anybody being more "mellow."

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It's the wonder drug that
works wonders.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join