It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what the Moon eclipsed today

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It gives us warmth and energy in an otherwise cold and bleak universe. It is the life force behind all things beautiful and essential to our existence. It gives us light in times of darkness and even guidance when we are lost. Every morning when we first open our eyes, it's there to remind us of this precious gift called life we've been blessed with and never fails to humble us anytime when we look up at the sky. Underestimated and underappreciated, it has been watching over us since eternity, without it we are lost, without it we are nothing. Call it what you want - the Sun, a Big Star, or God Almighty - it will be here for as long as we are, and even though the moon took it's spotlight for the day (pun intended), that big, bright and almighty powerful thing in the sky will always be.

In fact, so powerful that no bare eyes has ever gazed upon its surface without going blind. Terribly frightening, incredibly hypnotic, and amazingly beautiful -- check it out in all its glory.

Some quick facts about this beast

You can fit 1 million Earth's inside the Sun.

At its centre the Sun reaches temperatures of 15 million °C.

The Sun is all the colours mixed together, this appears white to our eyes.

The Sun is mostly composed of hydrogen (70%) and Helium (28%).

The Sun is a main-sequence G2V star (or Yellow Dwarf).The Sun is 4.6 billion years old.

The Sun is 109 times wider than the Earth and 330,000 times as massive.

More here

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Hey my friend, excellent post.

Shine on

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

S&F for your all star post. #litpost

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You could have included some spf 50 lotion in your OP ... getting warm in here !

In all seriousness, those are some sobering facts thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

All praise Sol! the giver of life, destroyer of worlds (in four billion years or so) the mother of the northern lights, the matron of four seasons, the-okay i'm gonna stop there or the sun will have more titles than Daenerys Targaryen.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Cheers Earthlings.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It also created a million facebook posts about eclipse glasses and gave me sunburn

the sun, not the facebook posts. they give me a headache.

We've had a solar eclipse every day down here in Aus for a while.. dark grey clouds and cold has kept the warmth and brightness from us. damn the southern hemisphere.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Need help figuring out what i recorded with my nikon coolpix during the eclipse. Ive ruled out reflection in the lens due to the clouds travelling in front of it.
youtu.be...
All help is appreciated!

new topics

top topics

join