It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nutrition labels. You should read them.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I had a half bar of dark chocolate, a slice of cheddar, some pickled okra, and some olives washed down with a stout beer.
I am ready to conquer the world in the morning.
Yesterday I had a rattlesnake and wild greens.
You may want to stand upwind.
edit on 22-8-2017 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Odd combo - like pregnancy cravings (or altered state cravings)..🤔.....but all healthy stuff

I used to get into cheddar cheese, dill pickles, and chocolate milk. Somehow these combos just work. I guess with that mixture, all flavours are covered.

Don't let anyone light a match around you

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I seem to be on a bear diet.
I had smoked trout, blue berries, and pecans for dinner.
Washed down with a stout, as per usual.
I turned 45 at midnight.
My body is still a fine running machine.
A few dents here and there, just adds character.
edit on 23-8-2017 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

This is really simple ,think of kiss, keep it simple stupid.

The numbers are bad, all of them avoid numbers at all costs.

That may involve cooking food from scratch, like meat from the butcher and veggies from the ground, add herbs and other flavors just not the ones in packets.

Anything like E605 etc, anything in the E6 range is MSG.

Anything in packet is rubbish for your health, there really is no two ways about it, there is no small doses and moderation. Either you put in the effort or you suffer the consequences of not.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
My rule of thumb is that if you eat whole, clean foods, you don't have to read a label. However, if you want good variety then yes, super important to read your food labels and keep a check on all of the nutritional values, not just the sodium. I mean unless one has an underlying issue or truly over does it with the salt, our bodies need sodium to help maintain fluid balance, nerve impulses and a variety of other functions critical to life.

I have been eating a clean diet for years and a solid macro balance. I'm very specific about it because I'm in competition prep but even in my off season... I'm careful about what I buy and I food prep every weekend. For the most part I stay away from foods that come in a box or a bag. Yup, that means shopping at different stores and having to make many meals from scratch.. but it's worth it in my opinion.

Anyway.. someone mentioned "just eat what you want and/or eliminate the sugar and grains so you don't get fat" or something like that? Sugar and grains don't make you fat... too many calories do. Obviously if you eliminate an entire food group you're eating less and will lose weight... it's not rocket science.

And yes, I'm a master licensed nutritionist.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join