It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow's News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
(warble tone - warble tone - warble tone) "We interrupt this regularly scheduled program to bring you this urgent Emergency Broadcast System announcement (warble tone - warble tone - warble tone)...

(warble tone - warble tone - warble tone) ...

The Federal Emergency Management Administration in conjunction with the President of the United States and the members of the House of Representatives and the United States Senate have authorized a state of temporary Martial Law.

You are lawfully directed to report to your nearest Civil Aggregation Area. Please bring your identification and leave all pets behind. You will be allowed to reclaim these items later. Following your decontamination, having your identification tattooed on your arm, you will be issued one pair of trousers, a T-shirt, undergarment, socks, a coat and boots. Following this you will be debriefed on how to use your identification number to claim your daily allotment of food, bread and cheese. THIS IS NOT A DRILL

(warble tone - warble tone - warble tone)"

Scary thought, huh?

Think it can't happen? Well, you'd be mistaken...

Allergic to nuts? Okay, we'll ban 'em
Wanna' bring your pet Hippo on the flight with you? Okay, we'll pass a law for that.
Allergic to pet Hippos? Okay, we'll ban them too
Don't like the statues? Okay, we'll tear 'em down.
Don't like the smell? Okay, we'll ban whatever it is your smelling.
Offended by someone's shirt? Okay, we'll make everyone wear the same thing.
Don't like seeing something which offends you? Okay, we'll ban that too. Everything now is plain vanilla from here on out.
Don't like the nativity scene in someone's front yard? Okay, we'll make that illegal.
Don't like the cops? Okay, we'll make millions more. (Psssst...They're not going away!)
Don't like fascists? HA! You ain't seen NOTHIN' yet!!
Wanna' light stuff on fire? We'll take your matches.
Wanna protest having your matches taken away? Sorry, protests are banned now.
Wanna post your protest on the internet? What internet?
Wanna "occupy" something? Ha! Fat chance!
Don't like what sex you are? Room 37-B, down the hall to the left to the Unisex Hermaphrodite Reassignment clinic (you'll need to take a number).
Don't feel like working on the detention center today? You will...if you want your dinner token for tonight!
Think you're going to organize into some kind of a movement, a labor strike or uprising? That's okay, the less people the less mouths to feed (BANG!)
Want to talk about your rights being infringed? Well, two things...first of all, what Bill of Rights? And second, get back in line!

And so it continues until the warble tones blare over the loudspeakers again.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Bingo. Those idiots screaming in the streets claiming to be Marxist, etc.....be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
He is possibly Maverick enough to do it ? He must be getting bored to death with all the fuddy duddying and insurrection.

Beep Beep.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

You say this like you think he'll even have a choice in the matter!

Rest assured, he most certainly will not!

Note: this is why I worded the EBS message the way I did. You can only poke the bear so many times before he wakes up and eats you! Believe me, "he" is not the bear I'm referring to, but rather the real overlords!

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus
Bingo. Those idiots screaming in the streets claiming to be Marxist, etc.....be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Was Bannon screaming on the streets....Oh dear!

BTW, OP, I like that term, Civil Aggregation Area...it sounds so warm and friendly, perhaps the only problem would be getting someone civil enough to go there!

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: FissionSurplus

BTW, OP, I like that term, Civil Aggregation Area...it sounds so warm and friendly, perhaps the only problem would be getting someone civil enough to go there!

I'm sure I'll be long gone by that point, but all those SJW's will line up by the millions for their nightly cheese sandwich and Adderall meds...and they'll be pretty damn 'civil' about it too...when they're good and damn hungry!

ETA...They might not "like" it, they might wish with all their hearts things had gone differently and that they'd listened....but they'll be civil.

edit on 8/19/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
meet one flyingclaydisc, a man trapped in a new reality, a reality filled with oneness, sameness. a world devoid of pleasures. whats that warbling in the background? its a signal, a signal he has just stepped into....the twilight zone

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The world's comin' to an end
I don't even care
As long as I can have a limo
And my orange hair

Raymond, why don't you pass the time by playing a little solitaire.

humming sounds

Frasier, out of his loneliness, sleeps with myrtle the accountant
but his plans are ruined because the Tibetan throat singers were scheduled
at the same time Eddie needed to be walked.

Frasier, due to his lonliness, has an affair with Roz, but bulldog arrives and chivalrously steers away everyone on Roz's roster, so he can get some too.

Frazier accidently sleeps with Nile's wife Maris after finding out Niles managed an erection and
used it on Lilith shortly after his honeymoon, causing him to question his career.

Frasier, seizing the opportunity to make best use of an eightball, gets upended while
in flagrante delicto backstage, with his best friend's fiance at his son's spelling bee, and spoils his son's chance at the trophy.

Frasier, who hasn't had sex in three weeks, schedules a ski party to relieve his torment, but hilarity ensues when Martin Clunes arrives with three women who all want Niles, who is gay.
The powder that was expected turned out to be andrographolide, ruining the event but yielding some decent material for his radio show.

Frasier is embarrassed when caught on a live mike discussing his impotence when he was in his twenties, so now he must spend the next month clearing sildenafil citrate cookies from his cache, and convincing everyone he
isn't suffering from ED.

# 854
edit on 19-8-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

Perhaps. However, not a twilight zone I ever wish to step into, nor will.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

Interesting response to be sure!

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
And the last thing out of Pandora's Box....

Hope...

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

But "hope", unfortunately, is not a strategy.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'm not too worried bout martial law.

They said the same things about Obama and GW.

Never happened.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe
But at least I'm enjoying the ride, at least I'll enjoy the ride.…

Grateful Dead

Peace

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The real problem with all of this is, in my view, that only certain "groups" of people are getting catered to by all of this while others (which I see myself as) are being totally ignored and indeed screwed over by all of this catering.

And when I try to get what I want, I get super-screwed.
It just seems really unequal and it's aggravating.

It's like some individuals get to play the victim (when they are in reality conniving aggressors), while the real victims get labeled and degraded and ostracized and it's impossible for the real victims to even claim they were victimized for some bizarre inexplicable reason.

The balance of power here is very lopsided.

I'm actually ambiguously referring to stuff that's gone on in my real life, and not to the current political fervor exactly. There are parallels though.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

This isn't about Trump, or Obama, or Bush or any president. It's about society. This same S# was going on under Obama and Bush before him...even Clinton. It's just gotten progressively worse and worse. The walls of individuality and freedom are steadily narrowing, and there's a point where there will only be room for a single file line. A single file line, a single voice, a single homogenous blob of unthinking robots all muttering the surgically selected party line.

The march against fascism is, unknowingly (to them), a march against their own freedom. They protest the expressions which make them free, only to have the walls of oppression close ever inward on their very lives. Yet they are too foolish to see this. It's quite sad actually. They've never known a true fight for freedom. They think their cause is one of freedom, but they are oh so wrong. And, sadly, they will find all this out soon enough.

top topics

join