It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man guilty of attempting to defraud Islamic State in Germany

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Yup, you read the title correctly.

The Source

The Syrian refugee falsely claimed he would carry out attacks if the terror group sent him nearly £165,000, the judge rules.

So this guy who was actually communicating with ISIS and telling them he was good to blow, all he needed was some cash.

Buuuuuuuuuuttt.

the judge at a district court in the southwestern city of Saarbruecken ruled the offer of violence was a false pretence.

I'm kinda torn with this one.

If it was a fair dinkum piss take then, well really the guy should be applauded for having a crack.

On the other hand he was dealing directly with enemy combatants, so probably should be locked up.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

In the United States the courts don't help people that don't have 'clean hands'. I can't see anyone being guilty in the U.S. of defrauding a criminal enterprise.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Lmao

Doesnt there need to be a complaining party?
Did ISIS send a delegate to Germany to formally press charges on the organisations behalf?

Ive got the funniest image in my mind of some radical Imam flying to Germany and rocking up at a cop shop

Officer: So what is your complaint?
Imam: a man defrauded my organisation of lots og money
Officer: How so?
Imam: He charged us for a service which he never provided
Officer: What service was that?
Imam: He promised to blow himself and as many infidels as possible up
Officer: Hmmmmm..... ok just fill out this form and well get on it right away

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Doesnt there need to be a complaining party?
Did ISIS send a delegate to Germany to formally press charges on the organisations behalf?

That's what I was thinking and the reason I looked for more information.

The man was originally accused of attempted murder and being part of a terrorist organisation, and the prosecution asked for a 10 sentence. During the trial the judge decided that the man was not really a terrorist but had committed a fraud, so he was sentenced to 2 years.

It's no surprise his lawyer is going to appeal.

Although it sounds ridiculous, I don't think it is, because in that case anyone could commit a crime against a criminal and get away with it, and, as far as I know, no country has the "outlaw" status in their laws any more.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

My question is why in the hell are we not doing this scam to them? Our intelligence agencies should be setting up fake profiles with fake backgrounds and getting these fools to send money.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Maybe we are.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

At the same time though, imagine if everyone in the US decided to defraud ISIS at the same time!? We could drain the coffers in like 15 minutes!

Might be worth a try, could fix a lot of financial problems for our country.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

My question is why in the hell are we not doing this scam to them? Our intelligence agencies should be setting up fake profiles with fake backgrounds and getting these fools to send money.

Well I'm pretty sure the money is already coming from these agancies, why would they want to rip themselves off that makes no sense.

They want to charge him for stealing their money, I mean isis money.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Might be worth a try, could fix a lot of financial problems for our country

Mate, I just don't think they've got that much money.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Although it sounds ridiculous, I don't think it is, because in that case anyone could commit a crime against a criminal and get away with it, and, as far as I know, no country has the "outlaw" status in their laws any more.

Well he’s not a very good lawyer then. The courts could just decide on appeal that he had real intentions to commit an atrocity, and thus increase the sentence. Either way, it’s rather silly doing something like this and not expect the authorities to take action.

Then I’d love to know how they paid for all those technicals.

edit on 16th August 2017 by VigiliaProcuratio because:

top topics

join