It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Know How, But It's Getting Worse

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Ya, that "professor" sounds crazy. The school dodged a bullet with him.

Dealing with professors that spout political opinions is just part of life. You're going to hear people in authority give opinions counter to yours your entire life. It's good for people to learn to just deal with it while in school, before they get bent out of shape in a job and do/say something stupid.

That said, if a professor is going to start claiming he wishes the current President were assassinated, I think that goes a step too far. The professor is making the mistake of linking policy disagreement to the person, and destroying his own argument by attacking the source rather than the substance. It's a good example of what not to do.

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
I wonder how many credit hours a class on Beyonce is worth?? Also, how much would the student be wasting, I mean spending to sit in it? I am sure it would provide the student with some relevant life skills.

/sarc (just in case you were not sure)

I'm going to guess that it was a 1 credit hour class. Most classes like this fall under the fun category and aren't really taken seriously. It's meant more for something of interest and is primarily offered just to give people a forum in which to meet other people. I've taken a couple fun classes like this in my time, for example I took one called "The Science of Star Trek" one year. There was an academic process to it, but no one thought it was something serious. A class looking at a celebrity is going to be handled the same way.

Edit: Looking at things a little deeper, this professor was probably going to just use her as a major case study to give an example of success. I'm assuming this is the class he was going to teach
catalog.montclair.edu...

AFAM 207 The Black Woman: An Introductory Course 3 Credits

This interdisciplinary course examines the lived experiences and contributions of women of African descent through analysis of social context and a variety of theoretical perspectives. The myths and realities of Black women's experiences are explored chronologically and through literary contributions, social and political thought, and creative expression such as music and other media. 3 hours lecture. 1 - 3 hours lecture.

I'm surprised it's 3 credit hours, but it's also basically an intro course so it probably isn't meant to be all that substantive.
edit on 14-8-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Montclair State University fired Kevin Allred, who previously gained prominence for teaching a course on Beyoncé, after the professor said Friday “I wish someone would just shoot [Trump] outright,” according to Twitchy.

And people wonder why the US is falling behind everyone, and steadfast becoming a third world nation.

One of the reasons why.
edit on 15-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Montclair State University fired Kevin Allred, who previously gained prominence for teaching a course on Beyoncé, after the professor said Friday “I wish someone would just shoot [Trump] outright,” according to Twitchy.

Sounds like a plant. Did the Koch brothers put him up to this? (see, this can work both ways)..

I'll go with: the guy is an idiot..

<< 1  2   >>

join