It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings to fellow members!! Finally took step to sign up!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Well, I have no idea how long I've read various threads on this forum but after enough life experiences there comes a point where strictly reading similar experiences doesn't quite cut it any longer and it comes time to tell one's own experiences.

My main reason for joining is because of something odd that has been happening for the last 16+ months. People I am really close to (family, relatives, friends) seem different, like how in some movies people are replaced and their personalities are changed (pod people, alien "takeover" type thing, etc) Many seemed to have lost a fair amount of IQ points where they used to have good ideas, quick response (coherent) and good quality work - to the same people seemingly aren't as skilled (awkward, clumsy, doing unnecessary things when doing car repair, etc). I won't get into it as there is a lot more, I don't even know where to begin, but this is what made me have to join to see what others think and especially if they have experienced similar things. BTW, this did seem to start during a trip from east coast to LA (then travel w/n Cal state) where things were REALLY odd and I've not yet been able to explain what happened out there and the behavior of my friends and family..

I'm in mid 30's, from North East, I'm regretting the username I picked, lol... I hate picking names like that especially when a forum already has a lot of good names taken.

I will say one thing, this board has an odd way of posting new topics. I went to the "Introductions forum" and there wasn't any place to start a thread. I had to open an existing thread and then on the right hand side of the screen there was an icon to start a thread there. Don't know if this is normal or not.?

I'm a little confused about how many posts are needed before I can start own thread in other forums - is it 5 or 20?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof
Welcome.
The forum can be a little confusing in the beginning. No worries, you'll get the hang of it, I'm sure.

I will say one thing, this board has an odd way of posting new topics. I went to the "Introductions forum" and there wasn't any place to start a thread. I had to open an existing thread and then on the right hand side of the screen there was an icon to start a thread there. Don't know if this is normal or not.? I'm a little confused about how many posts are needed before I can start own thread in other forums - is it 5 or 20?

The introduction forum is exactly for introductions. Below, I've linked the freshman's forum for you and there is a wealth of information for new and veteran members within.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Quite frankly I can't remember how many posts are needed for a thread. I think 20 but, thought I read that the number was 5 somewhere not long ago.
With regards to your friends/family, I have no idea what could be going on and couldn't guess without more information which you could provide when you reach your 20 posts and start a thread. Perhaps medication is to blame? I notice, in my little world, that most folks are not interested in deep conversation and seem more interested in quips and I think social media and reality TV could be 'dumbing down' some.

Anyway, good luck to you and see you around the board when you get up and running. I don't post frequently but, read as much as I am able and usually enjoy the time that I spend here.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Hi Diggin and welcome to the site.

BTW, this did seem to start during a trip from east coast to LA (then travel w/n Cal state) where things were REALLY odd and I've not yet been able to explain what happened out there and the behavior of my friends and family..

Smebody probably brought along a bag of good ----, and now everyones hooked.

There are ways to identify what drugs are being consumed. The symptoms are broad spectrum. People that are not familiar will scratch their head...

Pure speculation of course, in lieu of any history of family members, their beliefs or habits, and suspending disbelief in other 'mysteries' of the paranormal first...

signs of drug abuse
edit on 10-8-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

I'm almost convinced that most people who step foot in Cali are cloned and replaced with a radically liberal version of their former selves.

Enjoy the site.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Yeah, the invasion of the body snatchers, you would not believe me, if i were to talk about my family members,

top topics

join