It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel boycotts BBC over 'demonization'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Restricting visas, barring interviews to protest TV documentary on country's weapons arsenal

Israel has severed ties with the British Broadcasting Corporation to protest what it calls the repeated 'demonization' of the country and today's showing of a documentary on Israel's nuclear, biological and chemical weapons arsenal, according to a report by the London Times.

Here is the rest of the story:
www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well we've got to look neutral, haven't we?

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The BBC is a disgusting peice of Anti-semetic crap.

If I were a Jew, I'd have shut Hitler up too...this is no different.

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   

The BBC is a disgusting peice of Anti-semetic crap.

Would you care to elaborate as to why the BBC is "anti-semitic".

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   
And why is it that the Israelis always pull the Anti-Semite card every time someone disagrees or questions anything Israel does. Seems to me the Anti Semite label gets thrown around every time they dont want to answer questions to put the people asking them on the defensive.

[Edited on 29-6-2003 by Ocelot]

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well the BBC has done numerous "reports" on "The History of Israel" where it blatantly shows Israel as a "monster" and the palestinians as poor abused virginal girls about to be horribly raped.

I should know a bit back an "Anthropology" teacher was going through the BBC news and Rueters news to show us this "crap".

I give good suggestions TO ANYONE who thinks Israel is a "big bad wolf"

To actually go there.

You have better chances of being blown up on a bus by palestinians, then you do of being shot by Israeli gunships...regardless of where you are.

The BBC is a near disgusting News source now, and the Gaurdian I don't think is much better (though that is just hear-say from those who read it).

As for the "anti-semite" card.

Is it so hard for you to believe there is still anti-semitism?

There are plenty of people in this world who wish the Final Solution was final, and not interrupted.

I think your "oh they're just throwing that card around" is a dumb statement.

You seem to think the only anti-semitism is when a Jew takes offense at criticisment for the "great evil" they are doing.

Well you're wrong.

Many news agencies around the world spread anti-jewish propoganda, just like the BBC.

Not too unsimilar as the Nazis did before and during WW2.

I think it's time you just wake up and realize most jews aren't hiding behind this "anti-semite" card.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 02:26 AM
link   
"The BBC is a disgusting peice of Anti-semetic crap."

This is simply not true, I have watched the BBC for many years and do not believe this assertion at all. The BBC may not give an entirely impartial view but is in no way anti semitic.

"Well the BBC has done numerous "reports" on "The History of Israel" where it blatantly shows Israel as a "monster" and the palestinians as poor abused virginal girls about to be horribly raped."

I think in this matter it may well be you and not the beeb who is impartial.

Unfortunate as it is, any country must be prepared to take criticism in all matters. This must be allowed to happen without people crying anti semetism every time it happens. Its a shame that criticism of the state of Israel has picked up a word that really appends to something else. Criticism of this states policies is NOT anti semetism, do not get confused.

Do you/have you lived in Israel? I`d be interested to know why you have attcked this so vehemently.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Breaking News!!!!

I have just seen on ITN news that the government of the UK has been found innocent of doctoring or embellishing any reports about Iraq's weapon's capabilities.

Apparently a Select Committee (go look it up) of MPs has been given "secret" evidence that vindicates the UK's position over the invasion of Iraq....

I can't find anything on the net yet. As soon as it comes up I'll try to find a link.

Here we go: www.itv.com...

[Edited on 29-6-2003 by Leveller]

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
i find it pathetic, anti-semitism pfft... they might as well continue screaming bloody murder about the Palestinians, only no one truly cares.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Cassini, I can answer your last question with a "sorta yes"

I also think the BBC is "demonizing" Israel, not that it shouldn't be criticized. But it's being criticized for completely wrong things.

I have friends and family of good teachers of mine (I was always close with my teachers), who are over there.

It's pretty hard to not throw a stone back when every week some mall or resturant blows up.

I mean come on here we are in America, and kids these days after high school go and rush off to the mall to hang out, and pick up babes so they can do immoral acts at too young an age.

No one in the rest of the world RESPECTS their freedoms anymore, they all become immoral and disrespect it.

While in Israel it's all "Let's hang out at the mall and hope we don't get our legs blown off".

I also have a palestinian friend who's living down the street, he left about 40 years ago, and will vouch that the Israelis didn't "kick him out".

top topics

join