It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shoots himself in face when shooting animal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I hear they taste like leprotic chicken.

Anyone with two brain cells to rub together around here wouldn't touch an armadillo for that very reason. It sucks, too, because they're actually really cute...all the kids want to play with them. And they'll walk right up to you in residential areas, same with deer and all kinds of seemingly innocuous critters.

I would never want to eat one, but I feel kinda bad for having to treat them as if they have leprosy or something.😜😜😜

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: misterhistory

I know when you ACCIDENTALLY run over one it feels like you hit a rock...
I don't think I have ever really examined ones shell up close to know how tight it feels...

That said they can stop the bite of a wolf . So as hard as they are when hit with a car I'm guessing they are tough!!!

HOWEVER!!! Lol

I don't think they stop a bullet at all... maybe if they hit at just the right angle..but a direct hit ricochet that goes directly back at the shooter seems unlikely..

So are you saying the story is false? Bullets do crazy things all the time. People are shot in the head, only to have the bullet travel around their skull doing only minor superficial damage. Crazy things can happen. Had this guy used a rifle then it would have most likely blown it apart. Here is one example.

edit on 4-8-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I've shot guns my whole life and the only thing that has bounced back at me was a bb.
Bullets scatter or deflect.
Sounds fishy to me.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Anyone with two brain cells to rub together around here wouldn't touch an armadillo for that very reason. It sucks, too, because they're actually really cute...all the kids want to play with them. And they'll walk right up to you in residential areas, same with deer and all kinds of seemingly innocuous critters.

I would never want to eat one, but I feel kinda bad for having to treat them as if they have leprosy or something.😜😜😜

They ARE adorable.
I remember picking up and holding one at a trade show in Vegas (where I've never been, especially wearing a pig mask).

Of course, that was before my hands fell off.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm just wondering if this is the without doubt, no question, most incredibly badass way to catch leprosy yet recorded?

I know that when I play Red dead redemption next time I am shooting them with a scope.

edit on 4-8-2017 by Jonjonj because: Grandmar

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

They ARE adorable.
I remember picking up and holding one at a trade show in Vegas (where I've never been, especially wearing a pig mask).

Of course, that was before my hands fell off.

See there...you took one for the team. We can live out our fantasies of playing with a cute but potentially deadly armadillo vicariously through you, our hero.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Is it just me or did anyone else who read the title immediately think of Wile. E Coyote?

The 'arma' in Armadillo should've been a dead giveaway.

edit on 4-8-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

I know when you ACCIDENTALLY run over one it feels like you hit a rock...
I don't think I have ever really examined ones shell up close to know how tight it feels...

That said they can stop the bite of a wolf . So as hard as they are when hit with a car I'm guessing they are tough!!!

HOWEVER!!! Lol

I don't think they stop a bullet at all... maybe if they hit at just the right angle..but a direct hit ricochet that goes directly back at the shooter seems unlikely..

So are you saying the story is false? Bullets do crazy things all the time. People are shot in the head, only to have the bullet travel around their skull doing only minor superficial damage. Crazy things can happen. Had this guy used a rifle then it would have most likely blown it apart. Here is one example.

Yes, things get odd at high speed but there are some basic things we can assume will never happen and one of them is a that somehow an armadillo has the elasticity in it's shell to deflect a bullet in the complete opposite direction.

So yes he is saying the story is false. The injury may have happened but he's lying about how it happened.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

sounds like my ex

well im glad, he probly saw the unarmed armadillo and feared for his life. which dept. did he work for, again??

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: misterhistory
.38 bulletproof armadillo

That's some body armor there. I wonder what an armadillo is bulletproof to. Should we now be hunting them for their armor now and in when the modern world ends?

This story is from 2015.

I'm not buying it was the Armadillo... an armadillo shell isn't going to richochet a .38. It isn't that hard. Probably drunk, missed and shot a rock.

Even human skulls deflect bullets depending on where/how they are hit. It's a lot more common than you think.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I once hit an armadillo with my car.

CRUNCH!

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This is one of the funniest things I've heard all day! Hope the armadillo is going to be okay! All I can say is that's karma for ya! hope the guy loses his jaw and can't eat regular food for a long long time. What kind of jerk does something like this!

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker
Thats a high velocity .50 cal round. Not a low velocity .38 . And for that , looks like whatever it was came in from the side. Or behind .

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I didn't say impossible.. just VERY unlikely..

I said you could have a ricochet if it hit the shell at an angle.. but a ricochet that goes directly back at the shooter is hard to do anyway. Let alone off a surface that cannot withstand a straight on shot.

Think about the angle required to send a bullet directly back at a shooter..

That seems to require a direct hit ricochet.. and a 22 will pierce ones she'll without a direct hit..

There definitely could be some variable in missing..

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: misterhistory
.38 bulletproof armadillo

That's some body armor there. I wonder what an armadillo is bulletproof to. Should we now be hunting them for their armor now and in when the modern world ends?

This story is from 2015.

I'm not buying it was the Armadillo... an armadillo shell isn't going to richochet a .38. It isn't that hard. Probably drunk, missed and shot a rock.

Even human skulls deflect bullets depending on where/how they are hit. It's a lot more common than you think.

Deflect a bullet directly back at the shooter????

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The thing is, are you talking about a .22 rifle because the gun used was a pistol.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Deflect a bullet directly back at the shooter????

Maybe. I don't know, I wasn't there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join