It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collecting High Level Theories

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I was just wondering if any of you other science buffs have any good information on some high level physics or mathematical theories. If you do, please post the information or the sites for the information so I could check them out. Thanks.

A few examples:

Chaos Theory
M-Theory (superstrings)
Holographic theory (related to M-theory)
Knot Theory
Imaginary Time

If you have any nice links or books I might be able to check out on these topics or similar ones, please post them.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Cold Fusion
Theory Of Evolution
The Heisenberg principle (uncertainty)
Tesla's theories

*thinks of some more*

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   
gomailus.go.com...
==========================================

Well lets see, The above link has been my favorite study since the 60's. And this gentleman has been one of the first that has phrased it in terms of physics that can possibly be scientifally proved. For me it was merely a working hypothesis that had been proven only to myself through experience

tut tut

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Here ya go Protector:

Superstrings/M-Theory/Theory of Everything:
www.wikipedia.org...

www.superstringtheory.com...

www.sukidog.com...

Chaos Theory
order.ph.utexas.edu...

www.wfu.edu...

www.mathjmendl.org...

Knots Theory
www.freelearning.com...

www.c3.lanl.gov...

Imaginary Time
superstringtheory.com...

www.cs.kun.nl...

Hope this helps. Some of the pages have some real good links also.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I'll look through these, but keep them coming. Anything new is always appreciated.

"Cold Fusion
Theory Of Evolution
The Heisenberg principle (uncertainty)
Tesla's theories"

As far as evolution, I'm already as well versed in that as I intend to be (I believe it). Cold fusion is a common theory that I'm aware of (and some of its problems). I don't believe in the uncertainty principle, but I know a lot about it. Tesla's theories are lost, for the most part. The ones that exist are the ones that we use, such as AC current, modern powerplants, powerlines, transformers, and motors. If you have any links for other inventions or discoveries of his, I would appreciate those as well. Thanks for the ideas.

Hey tut... can you post the article... I do not have a member's log-on for your link.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Wow, those are nice Chaos Theory links... most of the other links I have or only present standard definitions.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 11:25 PM
link   
gosh it is a long article and I am not sure the GODS here would appreciate me posting it. however the NYTimes is eager to give admission just [or was it the LATimes] either one just join it is free and you may access the article. would not want to plug up the server here
best i can do now, let me know

tut tut

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Yep. no problem Protector.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Here are a few more examples of theories for those of you who wonder what scientists are up to:

Warp theory (and warp bubbles)
Aetheric Energy (ether or aether)
Relativity (and quantum level relativity)
Quantum Gravity
Zeropoint Energy

That's all I can think of at the moment

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   
tut, that last link didn't work either... what was the search on? Maybe I could pull it up separately. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
the theory of something inconsqequental causing something great. like a butterflies wings, the wind causing later on a devastating storm.

or on a personal mental level. this is my theory on the chaos theory.

we all expirience times, when we wonder, if i had done something this way, what would have happened? and that is all caused by an event anyway. but what influenced this event to occur? in most cases, mere circumstance, but do you ever think that a past exposure to something caused this? like, maybe a child who has set his life on becoming an artist, plays a game, and in that game he flies a fighter jet, and this expirience ends up causing him to become a pilot, enlisted in the air force, some 20 years later, he is shot down in a battle. this could be fate, but if some other variable caused that boy to not die, and instead live a long fruitful life as an architecht or something similar?

in the physical world, it could be this. an earthquake, shakes loose a sandstone boulder. the rock breaks into many pieces, one of which rolls down the hill, and kills a bystanding deer. the body of that deer rots and decays and eventually it is a pile of bones, a man picks this up, and studies it. this man belives the bone to be holy, and tells his brothers about it. then his friends, then his village, he becomes the priest of a new religion that holds the bone sacred, and eventually, they all kill themselves, to become one with the bone or something.

the fact of the matter is that the smallest most uneventful thing, could in the end have a drastic effect on your life or the environment.

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Thats cool Phoenix....reminds me of the opening scene in "Ice Age" with that 'dino-squirrel' trying to bury the accorn. LMAO

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
You are thinking about Chaos theory applied over millions of years. The best way to actually look at it is to see Chaos Dynamics within systems of fluids.

www.lanl.gov...

That link might help. Chaos theory is a form of complex mathematics for all of you who don't know.

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   
BTW Protector, did you happen to see the link/page I gave you for 'Imaginary Time', I think it was the second link, and that the page was just, I assume here, the mathematics for IT? The whole page almost was one big equation with symbol explanations at the bottom....that was like

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Protector:

Tesla's theories are lost, for the most part.

Let us assume that Tesla's theories (and resultant technological improvements) were NOT lost. What results would you expect to see with such a problem, if you were to apply M-theory to this real-life scenario?

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Let us assume that Tesla's theories (and resultant technological improvements) were NOT lost. What results would you expect to see with such a problem, if you were to apply M-theory to this real-life scenario?

Well, tesla could see how electricity and magnetism actually worked within mechanical devices. There is also rumor that he created a wireless transmission of electricity (very probable). We could be getting wireless power to all of our devices... that'd be nice. M-theory requires electromagnetism for the string vibrations, so I'm sure Tesla could have had some additional insight into the development of the theory. I don't know... what do you think?

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 03:34 AM
link   
-Quantum Chromodynamics(theory of quarks and their color)
-Grand Unified Theory(GUTs, as these theories are usually called)
-Relativistic Astrophysics(Black holes and stuff)
-Mesoscopic Physics(VERY INTERESTING AND TIMELY, e.g. small structures, photonic crystals)
-Quantum Information theory(Quantum computers, entangled systems)

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
"Quantum Chromodynamics(theory of quarks and their color)
-Grand Unified Theory(GUTs, as these theories are usually called)
-Relativistic Astrophysics(Black holes and stuff)
-Mesoscopic Physics(VERY INTERESTING AND TIMELY, e.g. small structures, photonic crystals)
-Quantum Information theory(Quantum computers, entangled systems)"

I do know a little about quark colors. It is actually related to something that has nothing to do with actual coloring, just the division of ... I can't remember.

particleadventure.org...

Well, that helps to explain it. It has to do with quarks and anti-quarks (and gluon I think). That is now part of the standard quantum mechanics, I do believe.

The Grand Unified Theory does not yet exist. Every scientist who has tried has failed. Quantum gravity is been the major obstacle so far. Most other issues have been delt with, but until everything fits together, a GUT cannot exist. It is a hit or miss theory.

Relativistic Astrophysics is just Relativity. Relativity only exists on the macroscopic level, for now, so just saying General Relativity or Special Relativity or Relativity is ok. This may change soon.

Mesoscopic Physics is something I don't think I've heard of. I do know of photonic crystals, but I never knew of any official branch dedicated to it. Please post a link if you have anything on this.

Quantum Information Theory is a branch of quantum mechanics that deals with spin of the atoms and marking information as either "existing" or not. This will greatly help to speed up computers and to solve very difficult problems, but creating a quantum computer is no simple task. My reason for this is because it seems to involved the Mesoscopic Physics listed above. We have to learn to manipulate light and electrons at a very complex level in order to achieve a real quantum computer (and quantum computer network).

Thanks for the post.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Protector

The Grand Unified Theory does not yet exist. Every scientist who has tried has failed. Quantum gravity is been the major obstacle so far. Most other issues have been delt with, but until everything fits together, a GUT cannot exist. It is a hit or miss theory.

I don't quite agree here, but that's probably fine. I mean, you can connect everything, but it's just a question of doing it the right way, making the right assumptions etc. However, no experiments to verify, that's true, so no full-fledged model.

Relativistic Astrophysics is just Relativity. Relativity only exists on the macroscopic level, for now, so just saying General Relativity or Special Relativity or Relativity is ok. This may change soon.

Maybe the wording is off, but imagine this, you mix general relativity with quantum mechanics and elementary particle theory, what do you get: the physics of very obscure objects in the universe.

Mesoscopic Physics is something I don't think I've heard of. I do know of photonic crystals, but I never knew of any official branch dedicated to it. Please post a link if you have anything on this.

LINK

Thanks for the post.

No problem, happy to do so, thanks for the comments.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join