It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collecting High Level Theories

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
"I don't quite agree here, but that's probably fine. I mean, you can connect everything, but it's just a question of doing it the right way, making the right assumptions etc. However, no experiments to verify, that's true, so no full-fledged model."

That's what I said. The connection is not yet made and there is no "half-way" on a mathematical theory. You either prove it or you don't. I said nothing about whether it "can or cannot" be done. I'm only stating that we are not yet there. It will be done, in my opinion.

"Maybe the wording is off, but imagine this, you mix general relativity with quantum mechanics and elementary particle theory, what do you get: the physics of very obscure objects in the universe."

That is what the Grand Unified Theory is for. It mixes quantum level theories of strong and weak nuclear forces with gravity and electromagnetism. No one has been able to do this yet. That is the only purpose (as of now) for what will compose the GUT. Relativity is gravity (and the distortion of spacetime). The GUT, however, is only a matter of energy, not so much a matter of spacetime manipulation (as of yet, if at all).

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out in detail a bit later on.

Keep search'n for those theories

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
www.csudh.edu...

there you go protector, it not the original, th l.a. times wants money for that. this one here contains the gist and some names to look into if the theory interests you as much as I

tut tut

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
We've collected quite a few nice theories. Do you guys think any of these have a long future ahead of them or which ones will be proven wrong? What are your opinions? Problems, concerns, excitement, anything... I'd like to see how you view these theories.

Do you think any of these will be the key to the Unified Field Theory (Theory of Everything (all 4 energies))?
Do you think a combo of these will be the key (which ones)?
Do you think we are missing the mark and you have a theory that will better explain things?

Tell me what you think.

<< 1   >>

join