It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tarantino’s Next Film Will Center On The Manson Family Murders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Quentin Tarantino has written the script for his next film, and according to The Hollywood Reporter, the gore-hungry auteur plans to generate a “unique take” on the Manson Family murders. Specifically, sources believe the script will revolve around the 1969 killing of famed actress Sharon Tate. Margot Robbie has reportedly been approached about the role. Tarantino faves Brad Pitt and Samuel L. Jackson are also rumored to be involved with the film, as well as Jennifer Lawrence.

As “Vulture” suggested, the hint that Tarantino is creating a “unique take” on the story could mean that, at least in Tarantino’s world, things end up differently for Tate and Manson. Regardless, rest assured the feature will not skimp on aestheticizing violence to surreal extremes, which, for better or worse, has become part of the cult director’s signature style.

this is awesome news
i love tarantino flicks
even thought couple i think are not amazing are pretty damn good

this is great material for him too

love me some j law

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Wonder who will play Manson?
Can't see Pitt doing a great job...I would go for an unknown actor.
edit on 13-7-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Great idea, but awful casting. I cannot stomach 'J law'.

Gross.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

from the link

Regardless, rest assured the feature will not skimp on aestheticizing violence to surreal extremes, which, for better or worse, has become part of the cult director’s signature style

I love Tarantino - but knowing the Manson story I doubt my stomach could take the violence.But I probably won't resist a viewing.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Let it be hardcore and the "original" Tarantino and NOT the usual God bless Murica sh**te that the whole planet has been contaminated with!?

Sick and tired of Muricans saving the planet...

Shut your big mouthy GOBS Hollywood.

Thanks

Lags

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

James Brolin?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This news doesn't excite me, quit the opposite- he'll probably just wallow in more ultra violence, substituting that for the precision and artfulness that has set him apart from all other writers/directors for so long.
I've been a big QT fan since Reservoir Dogs, and imo every one of his films since 'Inglourious Basterds' has taken a step or two down in quality from the one that came before. I believe that the death in 2010 of his longtime editor Sally Menke is the cause; that he has a massive ego, but had great respect for her. Some say she was the only one who could tell him "NO- you should rethink this scene, this bit of dialogue, or the order of these events", and he would take the advice to heart.
When I watch 'Django Unchained', it's pretty good. I didn't like it my first time seeing it in the theater, prob because I was measuring it against all his own masterworks that I know so well. But in the 3 or 4 subsequent viewings of the film, it's grown in my estimation. I now feel that I compare it to all the films from all the other directors/filmmakers in recent history, which puts it on a scale where it ranks much higher. But when I compare it to Pulp Fiction or Kill Bill Vol 2, it feels disjointed- like long periods of aimless wandering, connected by brief moments/scenes of inspiration and harmony. In these moments, that unique and amazing QT dialogue is there in small doses, and there are several good laughs, which saves it.
But to me 'The Hateful Eight' is total garbage. Excellent actors, a great setting, and a story that could've held that intense mystery and suspense until the final frames. But after all that promise what do we get? None of those things. To me it felt almost like he was trolling his hardcore fans; kinda like a child who got halfway through creating what was obviously going to be an amazing work of art, then just intentionally sets fire to it and destroys it for the shock value or the reactions. Some people have told me they loved hateful eight... that I just can't handle his new style, or that I'm too sensitive to the violence. I don't agree with that at all, but if you enjoyed it, more power to you- I'm glad someone did.
I'll see his next movie, won't deny that- but I'll probably wait for the DVD/Blu-ray at home. I hope his upcoming film(s) are amazing, I really do! That he elevates his game, hits some of those unparalleled heights he was once able to reach. But I'm not very confident.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well that could be interesting or it could be lousy. Not sure if this episode in America lends itself to the alternative history theme like some of his other projects. Not to mention casting Manson is a huge challenge, I do enjoy his films so regardless I'll watch.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I won't be watching that film because I read the book "Helter Skelter" back in the day and that was enough horror for me.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Yes, well, he's not going to create a film about the life and times of Prince Siddartha, aka Gautum Buddha is he?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I think it will be a great movie, as always

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Tarantino and his movies are over rated.

True story.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I tend to agree.

the 2nd Kil bill was so meh.

new topics

top topics

join