It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Les Stroud's Effect on Bigfoot Research and Acceptance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I've studied them for a while,and may be retiring on about 12,000 acres in Georgia,heavily wooded area,should prove to be interesting,although from story's I've heard if I do see one,hope it's at a distance,a far one

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: DelmarRozan

just my opinion - but its my opinion that mr stroud has realised that the " survivor man " idea has pretty much run it sourse - and the genre is saturated - so he is attempting to find a new " selling point " for his personal " brand " - to boost ratings and his income

yes - i really am such a cynical bestard

It's not so cynical. It's an accurate assessment. The bigfoot world is full of charlatans and opportunists who want to prove they're just awesome and - if they can - make some cash or a documentary or a tv series - mainly so they can sit around their family dinner and tell people they know something most people don't. It's hard to believe how much the bigfoot fad has grown just in the last 20 years. Now, any dummy with a video camera can go into the woods and act afraid of every twig snap noise in the dark. BOO!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Apart from trying to cash in on bigfoot, I prefer the Les Hiddens or Ray Mears type survivalist shows anyway.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DelmarRozan

didn't les at one point in the bigfoot series, look into the camera and say something like, "i've never been so scared as i am right now."

i remember something like this happening.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

and no one " on camera " has ever said that simply " for effect " - to drum up views // ratings // mystery - have they ?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join