It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are some people that own drones such morons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Went to lake Powell for a couple days - the sky was filled with smoke, sun was dark red for a part of this. So I looked this fire up online and apparently it's from a part of Utah - Brian head to be exact.

One trend I've seen when it comes to fires - there's always morons that threaten everyone by flying their drones over the area. This is not safe. The air space needs to be reserved for those trying to put fires out, yet I've seen half a dozen fires or so where drones are reported to be a threat.

Smarten the hell up, retards. It's not okay for you to be interrupting the work of firefighters with your little play toys. Grow a brain and stop being so stupid.

Anyone else able to answer why some drone owners are so damn stupid?
edit on 24-6-2017 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Despite outward appearance, some people never grow up. The increasing amount of nominal adults doing irresponsible things with drones and other such toys is testament to that fact.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I can't answer that.
All types of people can be idiots.

Is it possible that the drone flyers are news crews getting footage?

Or even fire services monitoring the extent of the fires? You'd think all that heat would make it hard to fly them. Hot air rising and all that.

Just some thoughts.
edit on 24-6-2017 by Tulpa because: Spilling

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Both of those are possible - but typically when the departments fighting the fires issue such statements telling drone fliers to get out of the area, it's less likely they are simply out of the loop, and that it's just citizens being inconsiderate.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
Went to lake Powell for a couple days - the sky was filled with smoke, sun was dark red for a part of this. So I looked this fire up online and apparently it's from a part of Utah - Brian head to be exact.

One trend I've seen when it comes to fires - there's always morons that threaten everyone by flying their drones over the area. This is not safe. The air space needs to be reserved for those trying to put fires out, yet I've seen half a dozen fires or so where drones are reported to be a threat.

Smarten the hell up, retards. It's not okay for you to be interrupting the work of firefighters with your little play toys. Grow a brain and stop being so stupid.

Cuz they think it's a toy.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

People are notorious for not thinking about Consequences ... Not planning for second and third order effects ...

These things lead to laws being written that those same idiots can be oblivious to. But, those same dummies need leadership in their work lives, and that makes for a good paycheck if you become their boss.

LOL

Good rant!! S&F

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Rightio. If they've been told to clear off then they should do just that.

Probably just idiots then.

Unfortunately, there's a lot of them out there!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I actually wish laws didn't have to be made in many situations - If people are competent, know their abilities, know the consequences of their actions, we could all live with a lot less laws.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Invalid question. A lot of people are morons. Some of them just happen to own drones. Drone owners are just a sampling of the general population.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yeah, I don't see how a toy drone is going to prevent fire fighters from doing their job. It has the same chance a bird has of taking a chopper out of the sky.

I think the better question is why morons complain so fervently about petty non-issues.
edit on 24-6-2017 by Jimmycrackerson3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I really don't think drones with cameras should be available to the public. It's simply an invasion of privacy. I didn't realize how clear some of these video cameras were until my wife and I went to a friends get together and the husband who is a Tech wiz showed us a demonstration of his drone. I quickly realized that backyard privacy is a thing of the past. I think we're opening up a huge can of worms with these drones.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
These are the same people that shoot fireworks off all damn summer.
They have little consideration for others.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

They should sell drone tags during such times😆

Open season, $100.00 bounty per prop

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Never has a drone come in contact with an aircraft in U.S airspace. If it did it's very unlikely to cause damage. The only way to cause any damage if it were to be sucked into a turbine engine, which nearly all fire fighting aircraft are prop planes unless the fire is of critical concern to the population.

Birds are more dangerous to aircraft than drones. Should we petition to have all birds grounded while a fire is in effect?

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I really don't think drones with cameras should be available to the public. It's simply an invasion of privacy. I didn't realize how clear some of these video cameras were until my wife and I went to a friends get together and the husband who is a Tech wiz showed us a demonstration of his drone. I quickly realized that backyard privacy is a thing of the past. I think we're opening up a huge can of worms with these drones.

Just about every internet webcam or smartphone has a HD video quality camera. It amazed me that I could just place a smartphone on a table and photograph the constellations at night. Photographs during daytime are as a good as a professional digital camera. Then it's a simple matter to duct tape one of those to a drone. Alternatively, you can buy a $20 spy camera pen/smiley face badge/key chain and attach that to the drone.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I don't think drone pilots are that stupid-those things cost at least hundreds of bucks to replace so I doubt any sane person would let a drone anywhere near a heat source, and then there shouldn't be an air space because targeted drops don't do jack crap when it comes to conflagrations so why bother with it? dropping water onto a wild fire is as effective as spraying a water pistol at a bonfire.

Establish a perimeter and douse the foliage where needed so it runs out of fuel, then let the fire run it's course. Not one wild fire i've seen has been put out by dropping water by air.

edit on 24-6-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
Never has a drone come in contact with an aircraft in U.S airspace. If it did it's very unlikely to cause damage. The only way to cause any damage if it were to be sucked into a turbine engine, which nearly all fire fighting aircraft are prop planes unless the fire is of critical concern to the population.

Birds are more dangerous to aircraft than drones. Should we petition to have all birds grounded while a fire is in effect?

Yeah, I couldn't disagree more.

Look up bird strikes, they can go through the winsheild and kill the pilot. Now make that bird out of steel, batteries and motors.

Drones need to stay out of flight paths. Even if it is missed, it just distracted the pilot on approach putting the pilot, passengers, and property in danger with an RC.

Planes are strong when loaded right, but some of the smallest of deforities in the wing shape can kill the lift, and kill the passengers.

A drone taking out a flap when it's too low to adjust, could very easily be fatal.
Here is a few "soft" bird strikes on approach...

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: sp

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

A fricken disgrace to the hobby.
You have to be at LEAST 5 NM from an active forest fire.
Planes have actually been grounded in the past because some twit wanted to send his drone into the fire zone.
Freakin idiots

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Like I said. Birds are more dangerous to a plane than drones. You should really start on educating birds to not fly near airplanes.

new topics

top topics

join