It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone have this problem with an app?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Anyone have this problem with an app? Yesterday I was hanging out with my kids playing a video game app on the iPad. It's not something I do all the time, but I thought it would be fun to play a kids game with them. As we were sitting there playing the game, every time that a turn was over a new video app advertisement would play. It would play for about 20 seconds or so, and then you had to press the X button to get rid of it. It would never disappear until you press that button. After a while of playing I got up to get some snacks, and went into the kitchen. When I looked into the living room my younger son was still playing the game, having a good time from what I could see. Then my wife walked behind him and looked at the iPad and screeched out " what are you looking at!? "
She then grabbed the iPad and turned it off, and said that there was a naked man in bed with two naked women. I took the iPad and turned it back on to the video game, and sure enough that advertisement flashed for a brief moment before disappearing on its own. As I stated before, the advertisements stay until you exit out of them by pressing the x button.
I find it very strange that it would flash this advertisement while he was sitting alone, but while I was sitting with him numerous advertisements came and went for other children's games. It could be a coincidence, but with all of the capabilities of the iPad, it makes me think that maybe there is more to it then a random accidental inappropriate advertisement.
And just so you know, my wife told my son that it was nothing that he did, and that she was just surprised by what she had seen.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: apydomis

I've never seen that but you could always send an email to the app developer.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: apydomis

Advertisements on the internet are harder to regulate than those on television, if only because of the open and constantly live experience that being online is. There is a near instantaneous nature to the way content arrives on the net.

However, as a matter of best practice for advertisers and app owners, advertisements should be age appropriate to the product one is using, no matter whether it is an app written on the cheap for maximum profit, or a production by a well established software company. If you were playing a game with no adult themes and no suggested age rating, it should have had only totally acceptable advertisements associated with it.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Were the man and women animated or real life? I havent had this happen exactly. But i have seen regular ads that appear until you 'X them out' for apps with names like 'Island of Fantasy' for example where it showed an animated child aged girl on a boys lap kissing him with an imo provocative 'seductive' face thing going on. They almost looked like the chipmunk kids in that god awful animated Alvin and the chipmunks show on Disney or Nickelodeon.

This also while my son was playing a game. Ive only seen it a few times and once when I was playing the same game.

It wierded me the hell out and while there was no nudity it is a damn shame because it was while playing a battleship game me and my son both enjoy.

And it sounds like you and yours saw worse.

edit on 22-6-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Thats why use android . Root and install adblocker .

They putting far too many ads in apps these days . Ruins the game when theres ads in it .

Also go rate and tell them too many ads in game .

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Were the man and women animated or real life? I havent had this happen exactly. But i have seen regular ads that appear until you 'X them out' for apps with names like 'Island of Fantasy' for example where it showed an animated child aged girl on a boys lap kissing him with an imo provocative 'seductive' face thing going on. They almost looked like the chipmunk kids in that god awful animated Alvin and the chipmunks show on Disney or Nickelodeon.

This also while my son was playing a game. Ive only seen it a few times and once when I was playing the same game.

It wierded me the hell out and while there was no nudity it is a damn shame because it was while playing a battleship game me and my son both enjoy.

And it sounds like you and yours saw worse.
The nudity was animated, and it was implied. The man may have been standing behind something, well the two women were in the bed with a blanket pulled up over their chests. But with that said – why would they be even showing this kind of advertisement on this kind of video game. And why didn't I see it before or after that incident?
It reminds me of all that garbage you see on YouTube. I will watch Arthur with my kids, and then some commercial for beer, erection pills, or feminine hygiene will come on. Who do they think is watching these PBS cartoons!?

new topics

top topics

join