It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USS Fitzgerald Collision - Possible Alternate Theory

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Uh I love alternative theories!

Hmm, just a note, the ACX Crystal is a 39,565 deadweight tonnage, 730 ft long, 39,265 brake horsepower vessel designed for going in straight lines with as little fuel consumption as possible.

It is not the sort of ship that makes sudden course changes.

Everything else being equal it is likely that the USS Fitzgerald collided with the ACX Crystal and not the other way around. I think that even if the Crystal tried to collide with the Fitzgerald it would not be able to, unless there was some serious wrongdoing on the bridge of the latter.

Anyway, just a note that the cause of the collision should likely be sought on the USS Fitzgerald.

The Crystal's bow collided with the starboard side of the Fitzgerald. I find it unlikely
that The Fitzgerald was traveling sideways and ran into the bow of the Crystal.

Besides, in shipping rules and regulations, any ship that encounters another ship that is
starboard from them is to yield to that ship, so clearly The Crystal should have yielded to the
Fitzgerald.

Rebel 5

edit on 27-6-2017 by rebelv because: syntax

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Besides, in shipping rules and regulations, any ship that encounters another ship that is
starboard from them is to yield to that ship, so clearly The Crystal should have yielded to the
Fitzgerald.

The Crystal appears to have been on a starboard side. Look at the damage.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

You mean the other way around . The Fitz should have yielded to the ACX .

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

The ACX made a 90 degree turn at 0130 ( just a note, the ACX Crystal is a 39,565 dead-weight tonnage, 730 ft long, 39,265 brake horsepower vessel designed for going in straight lines with as little fuel consumption as possible.

It is not the sort of ship that makes sudden course changes. )
Normally a container ship like the ACX can not do a sudden turn like that , impossible , unless the Fitzgerald collided with it at 0130 exactly and acted like a Bow Thruster to change and accelerate it's course . Simple deduction . The bulb made contact first , then the top parts of both ships scraped each other as they merged together and disengaged relatively later .

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: rebelv

originally posted by: UKTruth
These destroyers use the Aegis defence system. I believe. They would have known well in advance of a possible collision but they decided not to get out of the way. We will not ever find out why.

Maybe it wasn't so much they decided not to get out of the way, maybe
they were unable to get out of the way.

Rebel 5
Everything else being equal it is likely that the USS Fitzgerald collided with the ACX Crystal and not the other way around. I think that even if the Crystal tried to collide with the Fitzgerald it would not be able to, unless there was some serious wrongdoing on the bridge of the latter.

Anyway, just a note that the cause of the collision should likely be sought on the USS Fitzgerald.

The Crystal's bow collided with the starboard side of the Fitzgerald. I find it unlikely
that The Fitzgerald was traveling sideways and ran into the bow of the Crystal.

Starboard from them is to yield to that ship, so clearly The Fitzgerald. should have yielded to the ACX. The Danger Zone–GiveWay Zone

Your starboard sector (the sector defined by your green starboard sidelight) is the ‘Danger’ or Give-Way Zone. When another Ship sees your green light, he or she has the right-of-way. In this situation you will see the port side of the other boat and its red port sidelight. You must take early and substantial action to avoid a collision.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Just wanted to share the initial investigation document from the collision.

USS Fitzgerald Collision Investigation

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join