It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SR-71 top speed...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I think the clock experiment was done with a 747 that flew around for hours. When it landed the clock on board was a small fraction of a second off from the earth clock.

I thought that gravity caused the time distortion (or the lack of it) more then velocity of an object? Cause i remember they did some tests also by measuring time over deep oceans and mountian ranges and comapring the results

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat

I thought that gravity caused the time distortion (or the lack of it) more then velocity of an object? Cause i remember they did some tests also by measuring time over deep oceans and mountian ranges and comapring the results

Im not aware of that experiment but both Speed and Gravity have a effect on time. Im not really sure which has the greater effect on time.

I would assume Gravity just because it has no limit like the speed of light. A blackhole seems to distrort time to a near standstill.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I once asked my father (works for Lockheed, on the Raptor) how fast the Blackbird could go... I said Mach 4? He said, "higher", I said Mach 5? he said nothing but gave me the cat that ate the canary look....
Ramjets are extremely inefficient at Mach 5, because the air must slow down to subsonic speeds. So I doubt it can go Mach 5.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by XB70
Ramjets are extremely inefficient at Mach 5, because the air must slow down to subsonic speeds. So I doubt it can go Mach 5.

Strange, Everything I've ever read said that Ram Jets work fine at Mach 5. According to my book on supersonic flight, it isn't untill Mach 6 that ram jets get into trouble. If you have some links I can use to fallow up on the speed limitations of a ram jet, I like to take a look at it.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

[edit on 18-2-2005 by ghost]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join