It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VOTE: Judge Allows Challenge in Washington Vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Washington Democrats lost their initial attempts to derail a Republican challenge of Gov. Christine Gregoire's election. Addressing a full courtroom, Superior Court Judge John E. Bridges denied the Democrat’s motion to dismiss the case on grounds that it should be decided by the Legislature, not the courts. Bridges also rejected the Democrats' argument that the election challenge should go straight to the state Supreme Court.

news.yahoo.com
A judge allowed a court challenge to Democratic Gov. Christine Gregoire's excruciatingly close election to go forward Friday, rejecting arguments that the dispute can only be resolved by the Legislature.

The ruling by Superior Court John E. Bridges came at a hearing on a Republican attempt to overturn Gregoire's election.

Gregoire was sworn in last month after being declared the winner by a mere 129 votes out of 2.9 million cast.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Considering all the allegations that hundreds of felons voted illegally, I think the right thing to do would be to order a new election. Why leave the final decision up to the legislature or the courts? This should be left up to the voters to decide.

[edit on 5-2-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Considering all the allegations that hundreds of felons voted illegally, I think the right thing to do would be to order a new election. Why leave the final decision up to the legislature or the courts? This should be left up to the voters to decide.
[edit on 4-2-2005 by Banshee]

Excellent. I've been paying as close attention to this as possible.........this is for all intents or lack of it, an illegal election and needs to be corrected.......however, I've been wondering if this is a "concession" to appease those who believe the last two presidential elections were fixed. Kind of a red herring or symbolic gesture to restore faith in our democracy. But that is my own rumination w/out evidence.........

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I think what we need now is to just forget this and its time for 'unity'

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk

Spoken like a true liberal.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by drfunk

Spoken like a true liberal.

shots, drfunk and i are in Australia. It's not the Howard coalition that needs unity, it's the ALP.
No dis' shots, but that was a subtle joke.

edit: that was *off topic*. Sorry.

[edit on 5-2-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
yeh it was a joke sorry you didnt get it

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Funny they are bringing this up, especially when the Republican vote itself was questionable here........

Some twat my roomate used to go to school with made death threats at our new govornor.

I kinda hope the dems did rig this election, it will be a good sound payback, since the Republicans have been rigging elections with impunity the past 8 years.

A taste of their own lying medicine.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well Shots, I certainly disagree with your posts conclusion. Why go to all the trouble & expense of a new election. If it can be proven that hundreds of felons voted illegally then just throw those votes out, do a recount and declare a winner. If the democrats have provable evidence of other voting irregularities and they can get them before a judge and get a favorable decision then correct them as well.

top topics

join