It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declaration of Human Rights - amendment suggestion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
In 1948, a woman named Eleanor Roosevelt presented Humanity with a Declaration of Human Rights race.
In doing so she created one of the most important documents the Human race has ever created.
The first article of it begings:
All human beings are born equal in dignity and rights
On dignity and Rights the ex Irish president Mary Robinson commented " I love that dignity comes before rights. Because dignity is about self.It’s about a self awareness. All sorts of things enter into it religion and culture…And also, it’s for the person lying in the street, homeless, who becomes invisible, and loses his dignity. Nobody should be deprived of either dignity or rights"
I caanot arugue as I would comleaty agree on that, however I ask, as a race has humanity evolved to a stage where they would consider dropping the word Human from the start so that it covers everyone?
So instead of "All human beings are born equal in dignity and rights"
It would read "All beings are born equal in dignity and rights
Would love to hear thoughts?

75a8186f9dff91a0708e887377fb599f2a802e42ab13a5dd9505e42294b4f2b2

edit on 2-6-2017 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
With all the real-world exceptions, I would argue that it's a false document. It's false in the fact that it is unenforceable on a global-scale. The UN can declare rights for whatever they want, they have no way to ensure those rights, therefore they are not actual rights.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

However altruistic a hoped for agreement would be, it's human nature to overcome limitations, real or perceived, to make your lot better. Add in greed, sloth and envy that comes naturally to humans and you have a recipe for failure.

Some will have more. Some will kill to take what little others have.

Who will rule?

Animal Farm comes to mind.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I think the change is unnecessary.

Many Muslim nations never ratified the declaration as it conflicted with Shariah. Basically people are not equal e.g. gays and women etc... Perhaps getting them to agree would be a start.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I would like to see the human race get to the point of recognizing human rights before attempting to tackle rights for all beings. Baby steps man, baby steps.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
I think the change is unnecessary.

Many Muslim nations never ratified the declaration as it conflicted with Shariah. Basically people are not equal e.g. gays and women etc... Perhaps getting them to agree would be a start.

Agree with your version of how the world should be? Make them more like you...

fail

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

For right now Human Beings is excellant.

This is not hubris on be half of human beings. This is a statement should be specific. Its the boundaries.

An on point example. We commemorate the lives of humans beings. A short while ago here in Canada a group tried to get the a local town/municipality to put up a sign at the accident site of a cattle liner crash where 23 cows had died. The county wisely said "no".

We have greenies terrorising the world with the words "if" and "when" to shut everything down. Peta wants us to eat just mushrooms. The tree huggers are worried about it all and drive their SUV''s to polite little protests run by actors with scripts. Some people are not practical or pragmatic.

That's my rant.
Until the dolphins decide to talk or aliens come down from the sky human beings is perfectly fine.

(the whales are ignoring us)
edit on 2-6-2017 by SmilingROB because: added a word

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Agree with your version of how the world should be? Make them more like you...

fail

That's what the word "universal" means, as in the declaration. You really need to keep up.

I guess if some cultures was to continue to repress women, religion, race and all that, then that's the way it is - for the moment.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

That's what the word "universal" means, as in the declaration. You really need to keep up.

Universal is a word empires made up. (like metric dollar, inch, pound), it is imposed on others waaait for it... to make them more like us.

lol- Those that don't use universal measures are considered less than or backwards, needing 'fixing', modernization. They are 'third world... cute euphemisms for: we invade and impose our willl on them , to make them more like us. Or just exploit them and steal their resources, whatever.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Here's the irony.. a simple change in wording has the potential to change absolutely everything

originally posted by: SmilingROB

That's my rant.
Until the dolphins decide to talk or aliens come down from the sky human beings is perfectly fine.

(the whales are ignoring us)

top topics

join