It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cats have been eating more than usual...do they know something we don't?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
If you give your cats free range on food like smart car owners do, they'll eat until satisfied.

Pet food isn't closely regulated.
For all you know, the manufacturer switched vendors for an ingredient to save money, and that ingredient is full of bovine growth hormone.

Too many variables. I've never considered home made cat food until this thought passed through... Star and flag for that.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
If you give your cats free range on food like smart car owners do, they'll eat until satisfied.

For all you know, the manufacturer switched vendors for an ingredient to save money, and that ingredient is full of bovine growth hormone.

Too many variables. I've never considered home made cat food until this thought passed through... Star and flag for that.

Well, my gf gives her old girl deli ham since she's 18 and all, not much but enough to get her interested in life, just enough to take another nap...

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
they're all pregnant

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Any changes in the environment? If not may be the temperatures-possibility of an extra warm summer-, as it is affecting wildlife and vegetation in places.

This "spring" has been weird weather-wise...
Thanks for that.
Now, I don't have to go all, animals JUST KNOW STUFF, MAN!!!

Nervousness from feeling deep underground or other earthquakes maybe, as speculative as it might be, there's gotta be something to it.

Other one to throw out there is paranormal sensitive pets(often cats). It is said they are all, some more than others.

It's been warmer throughout the US besides the Pacific NW(an El Nina) and down into some of the Northern SW, where it's not been as warm as the rest of the states, with that has had record rainfall since the beginning of keeping track of rainfall in these areas. That has brought a late spring. The summer is projected to be hot all over and so far it's broke records here for that too.

You may just want to call your local vet or even local shelter and see if they have info on this in your area, may be a thing there, they have tips for what ever it may be. Bets of luck!

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I would agree with this statement and consider whether the recipe has changed recently with the addition of more "appetisers" in the food to get them to eat more (processed) food.

Swap foods for a while and note any changes.

Say "hi" to your kitties for me.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

My little one has uber hyper active spurts at late night. I've notice oddities also

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Temperatures were warmer last year. Maybe that's what it was.
I know I eat less when it is warmer outside.

I eat less when it is warm. I lose weight in the summer. Colder weather I'm guessing requires your body to use more energy for temperature regulation, so you're appetite increases.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

It's pretty regulated actually. But that is by the regulation standards, kinda close to how some of the USDA and FDA regulation is garbage-with highering levels of certain things to appear more safe. The problem often is pet food companies buy from slaughterhouses, or their "trusted" supplier of choice, that may have the hormones in the meat from time to time, let alone other chemicals.

Lately, once again, there has been cases of euthanasia drugs found in cat food that comes from the slaughterhouses. Sadly, in the past that meat wasn't livestock but from shelter animals, the meat supplier(even the pet food company-see the name brand who did this-) mixing and or using that meat.

Please only feed raw food if well advised. Cats need a sufficient amount of taurine, and of course, other requirements, each day.

ETA: Ham, is not good for cats. Pork is in some cat food brands(pork for dogs however, be careful because it can spread Trichinosis to them). As a lot of store bought ham deli packages have a percent of water, fillers and more, but the salt content, let alone the other reasons above make it not suitable for felines(and humans really!).
edit on 3-6-2017 by dreamingawake because: ETA

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Have they been wormed lately?
Or have you changed food brands?
My cat has raw off cuts of meat offal from the butchers or canned tuna, both really cheap but she loves it.
Any major change to dietary intake is to be kept an eye on.
I wish you and your furry friends well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join